Does vinyl sound better? (1 Viewer)

By early 80s you had walkmen and other personal stereos. I think in the US anyway 8 tracks took a bite out of vinyl earlier on for the same reason. Portable, could listen in your car.

couldn't have been too hard to throw in the overall unit music sales to show what %age vinyl accounted for year on year, could it?

couldn't have been too hard to throw in the overall unit music sales to show what %age vinyl accounted for year on year, could it?

I was thinking that, there could be more graphs but I found this one on another forum (not that I'm cheating on Thumped...).

I dunno, I really want a few hot stampers now .

a mate on facebook just said "$500 for a hot stamper copy of Duke by Genesis was well worth it"

i guess it depends heavily on how many dollars you have available

i've just remembered this mate once convincingly told everyone that he got stoned with snoop dogg and on another occasion that he would totally take a girl to a McCafe for a date (as a vegan who hated mcdonalds)

a mate on facebook just said "$500 for a hot stamper copy of Duke by Genesis was well worth it"

i guess it depends heavily on how many dollars you have available
that's an "unfriending" right there

I was visiting relatives a couple of years ago. Was in my cousin's friend's apartment. He had this very expensive setup. Looked beautiful and cost about the price of a new car. He had a couple of NASs worth of the most hideous shite music ripped as flacc or some other lossless format. Why do audiophiles listen to such awful music?

He was rabbiting on about how the quality was so good you could hear Diana Krall's soft palate or something.

Why do audiophiles listen to such awful music?
It's one of life's great mysteries. Cloney Audio used Dire Straits to demonstrate how good the system I was buying was, it's a bit like using pictures of the holocaust to show how good a HDTV's picture quality is. "You can really see the misery!"

. Why do audiophiles listen to such awful music?
It's not that surprising really - all the mid-70s proggers and AOR bores went in for state-of-the-art, price-of-a-small-country's-GDP recordings and had them pressed by major labels during the vinyl boom years. It's been carried on by the fucking shit muzac jazzers who care more about the acoustics of a room than the actual quality of the music.

Last time I was in Cloney they had a copy of Beck's last album sitting there. Makes sense as it's a fantastic sounding record. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to say it's a hot stamper.

Last time I was in Cloney they had a copy of Beck's last album sitting there. Makes sense as it's a fantastic sounding record. In fact, I'd almost go as far as to say it's a hot stamper.
What kills me is that they had a stack of ECM CDs just sitting there and he went with what was on his phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back