Does vinyl sound better? (2 Viewers)

11111055_740470252724577_8956750086600381933_n.png

I've been snapping up CDS in the charity shops lately.Theres a fucking AMAZING selection out there!

ANd they sound incredible

I've been snapping up CDS in the charity shops lately.Theres a fucking AMAZING selection out there!

ANd they sound incredible

big time. picked up neil young's sleep with angels, 2 pavement albums (one lavish 2xCD reissue), massive attack blue lines, zeppelin 2xcd bbc sessions and spiritualized's ladies and gentlemen...the other day, for 16 euro. ridiculous

big time. picked up neil young's sleep with angels, 2 pavement albums (one lavish 2xCD reissue), massive attack blue lines, zeppelin 2xcd bbc sessions and spiritualized's ladies and gentlemen...the other day, for 16 euro. ridiculous
I nabbed a load of Pulps cds and The Divine Comedy and a Sweet cd and a few soundtracks and some others I can't remember.I stashed them and am gonna go pick em up in the morning when the lady I get on great with is working and get a super discount

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/5/9409563/reel-to-reel-tape-retro-audio-trend

levelup

Vinyl fans may scoff at The Tape Project’s steep prices, but when licensing fees, production time (3.5 hours per album), and materials ($150 just for the blank tape) are factored into the equation, $450 seems almost reasonable to hear Lee Morgan’s trumpet riffs on The Sidewinder just as recording engineer Rudy Van Gelder heard them over half a century ago in his New Jersey studio. Incidentally, a Lee Morgan trumpet riff on tape doesn’t just sound better than a Lee Morgan trumpet riff on vinyl. It sounds better than a Lee Morgan trumpet riff on any audio format: CD, SACD, Pure Audio Blu-Ray, even Neil Young’s crazy 24-bit/192 kHZ hi-res files that take forever to download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back