Champions League 2012-2013 thread (1 Viewer)

washingcattle said:
Ozil and Ronaldo return and it's business as usual. Valencia were absolutely awful though. Di Maria looked like a different player.

What a player Ozil is! Ronaldo gets the headlines but Ozil just goes about his business quietly setting up goal after goal. One of the brainiest players about. And one of the most unselfish. Reminds me a of a young Zidane.

What a player Ozil is! Ronaldo gets the headlines but Ozil just goes about his business quietly setting up goal after goal. One of the brainiest players about. And one of the most unselfish. Reminds me a of a young Zidane.
He hasn't got the presence or physique, or the hot headedness, but yeah, he's flipping terrific. Reminds me of a younger Wesley Snijyjjijijder. Poor Wes. He's only 28!

He hasn't got the presence or physique, or the hot headedness, but yeah, he's flipping terrific. Reminds me of a younger Wesley Snijyjjijijder. Poor Wes. He's only 28!

You're right. He's missing the presence. Doesn't go looking for the ball enough. Its a bit frustrating cause you know he has the ability to be more influential. But Zidane before '98 was kind of like that. And true, he is a slighter build. Its more the elegance on the ball and the quickness of thought that makes me think of Zidane.

And I had no idea Wes was only 28. Surely he should have stayed and played in a top league for another few years before heading off to Turkey.

You're right. He's missing the presence. Doesn't go looking for the ball enough. Its a bit frustrating cause you know he has the ability to be more influential. But Zidane before '98 was kind of like that. And true, he is a slighter build. Its more the elegance on the ball and the quickness of thought that makes me think of Zidane.

And I had no idea Wes was only 28. Surely he should have stayed and played in a top league for another few years before heading off to Turkey.

Wage issue wasn't it? 200 grand a week at Inter.

Ozil is a better player than Sneijder was in his couple of great seasons. IN MY OPINION.
He's a beaut of a player, one of the most intelligent there is in terms of the positions he takes up and how he uses the ball. He could do with scoring a few more goals.

Ozil is a better player than Sneijder was in his couple of great seasons. IN MY OPINION.
He's a beaut of a player, one of the most intelligent there is in terms of the positions he takes up and how he uses the ball. He could do with scoring a few more goals.

And finishing a few more games, never seems to last the 90. Great feet, great vision, astounding first touch. I can see the Zidane similarity but he's not quite there. That said, who is ? Definitely better than Snijder and doesn't seem to half as much of a complete dick either.

If only Real could get their act together in defence. You can only play on the break if you aren't conceding at the other end. If you could graft Atleticos back four onto Real you'd have an absolute beast. Still I've said that about a lot of sides.

Looking forward to seeing how Michael Carrick deals with him at the Bernabeu . That should be a fascinating duel. If Carrick manages it United to shade it over two legs. Unless it becomes a vintage Mourinho war of attrition with Essien, Khedera and Alonso putting the boot in everywhere, in which case, Real on penalties after 210 minutes of absolute shite.

Roy Keane must have had nothing in his veins except bull semen and and shark blood. it's not exactly anything new anyway,

Everton have long been one of the top clubs in the English association football league. The club were champions of the 1962–63 season. And it was done, according to a national newspaper investigation, with the help of Benzedrine. Word spread after Everton's win that the drug had been involved. The newspaper investigated, cited where the reporter believed it had come from, and quoted the goalkeeper, Albert Dunlop, as saying:
I cannot remember how they first came to be offered to us. But they were distributed in the dressing rooms. We didn't have to take them but most of the players did. The tablets were mostly white but once or twice they were yellow. They were used through the 1961–62 season and the championship season which followed it. Drug-taking had previously been virtually unnamed in the club. But once it had started we could have as many tablets as we liked. On match days they were handed out to most players as a matter of course. Soon some of the players could not do without the drugs.
The club agreed that drugs had been used but that they "could not possibly have had any harmful effect." Dunlop, however, said he had become an addict.

To be fair the rumor has i that virtually the whole league were off their bins on Bennies throughout the 60s

georgemain.jpg

C'mon now.

Here's Arsenals Experimental stage

http://www.blog.woolwicharsenal.co.uk/2012/06/12/the-arsenal-drugs-scandal/

They were shite on drugs though.

Tony Cascarino mentioned it in his book, according to wiki

He also revealed that during his time at Marseille, he and many other of the club's players were injected by club president Bernard Tapie's personal physician with an unknown substance. The physiotherapist at the time insisted the substance was legal and would provide an "adrenaline boost". Cascarino claimed that most players accepted the injections[9] and that "it definitely made a difference: I felt sharper, more energetic, hungrier for the ball".

Tony Cascarino mentioned it in his book, according to wiki

Probably 10 years since I read the book (and some bollox has it now and I can't remember who) but not surprising when you consider Kimmage wrote it and Tapie was owner of the La Vie Claire cycling team. Rather unfortunate that LeMond rode for them, given his reputation......there's no evidence at all, no one has said anything, but I find it impossible to believe he wasn't at least getting similar injections to "Toni-gol".

French newspapers are saying Pep will get £278 mil to spend when he joins Bayern. That's more than the whole Bundesliga spends on players in several years. It's not like they exactly need a whole load of players.

Second half wasn't as exciting but probably the right result. Madrid were unlucky for the goal and after they got it, Barca looked like they were going to run away with it. A youngster named Veran was outstanding, He looks Pepe without the madness. He looked lost against Osasuna he was excellent tonight. Tactically Real just about shaded it. The second leg is set up very nicely.

Second half wasn't as exciting but probably the right result. Madrid were unlucky for the goal and after they got it, Barca looked like they were going to run away with it. A youngster named Veran was outstanding, He looks Pepe without the madness. He looked lost against Osasuna he was excellent tonight. Tactically Real just about shaded it. The second leg is set up very nicely.

Great game alright. Both teams just went at each other. Iniesta was ridiculously good. And I agree, that young lad Varane played well. He's only 20 but looked so composed. That last gasp tackle on Fabregas when he was through on goal saved the game for them.

According to this if Europe was devided into an actual league. Everton would be 3rd in the 2nd division Behind Olympiakos and Ajax. Sounds fair to me.

Spurs bottom of the 1st division. United 3rd Arsenal 15th Chelsea 11th and City 6th. Barca top of course.

But my favorite part is that Liverpool would be 13th in the 2nd division. Bit harsh ?

http://www.euroclubindex.com/asp/Ranking.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back