Champions League thread 2010/2011 (1 Viewer)

messi last night....phew. and djibril's touch for govou's goal. that was the game to watch, chaps.

messi last night....phew. and djibril's touch for govou's goal. that was the game to watch, chaps.

It sure was. Amazing. Probably the best I've seen Messi and Xavi play. The way barca were passing the ball around was like watching pro evo, and their movement was equally as good. Panathinaikos couldn't get near the ball, and they didn't actually play that bad. It was gas tho that after 20 mins of possibly the most dominant football ever that a long ball hoof led to barca being 1 nil down.

After watching that last night though, I really can't see how mascherano is going to fit into that team. I can't see him being much more than a bit part player for them. He can't pass for a start and that scuppers his chances of fitting in with barcas style of play.

I watched it for a the first ten minutes Panathanikos scored after I left for the spurs match. I can't watch games like that. I'd have loved to have seen Hercules beating them 2-0 on sunday though.
it would certainly have been instructive as to how you beat them. barca had 80% possession last sat and lost.

It sure was. Amazing. Probably the best I've seen Messi and Xavi play. The way barca were passing the ball around was like watching pro evo, and their movement was equally as good. Panathinaikos couldn't get near the ball, and they didn't actually play that bad. It was gas tho that after 20 mins of possibly the most dominant football ever that a long ball hoof led to barca being 1 nil down.

After watching that last night though, I really can't see how mascherano is going to fit into that team. I can't see him being much more than a bit part player for them. He can't pass for a start and that scuppers his chances of fitting in with barcas style of play.
yeah, masch likes to break it up. barca don't give the other team the ball, so there's nothing to break up.

United match was literally one touch away from igniting into a classic. 2nd half isn't quite up to it yet. Valencia play great ball oh how they miss Silva and Villa though. Stadium has made onto places I have to see before I die. It's fucking intense looking.

United match was literally one touch away from igniting into a classic. 2nd half isn't quite up to it yet. Valencia play great ball oh how they miss Silva and Villa though. Stadium has made onto places I have to see before I die. It's fucking intense looking.

What were they thinking? An entertaining full throttle game in the group stages. United with a total smash and grab but a great goal that won the game. The RTÉ lads are getting more mental. I love Dunphy's whole "United are in decline!" schtick, though I don't think that just saying it will make it so. I'm not sure I've ever seen a bigger spoofer than Dunphy in any walk of life.

Valencia missed "that little bit of quality in the final third" - Hernandez was deadly, Fernandes excellent when he came on except for not fouling Nani in the lead to the goal. SOme good players in that team. Its almost like they spent some part of last year planning for what to do after Villa and Silva (over-rated by many pundits I think) left them. Shrewdies. Also their keeper is older than their coach, which is weird.

You'd probably want to go sometime reasonably soon, I think they're building a new one.

I love Dunphy's whole "United are in decline!" schtick, though I don't think that just saying it will make it so. I'm not sure I've ever seen a bigger spoofer than Dunphy in any walk of life.

you wouldn't agree then?i haven't watched a lot of them/english football the last couple of seasons but so far this season i have seen 3 of their games (rangers,bolton and the end of last nights) and thought they weren't a patch on what i remember from a few years back.

You'd probably want to go sometime reasonably soon, I think they're building a new one.

Construction on the New Mestalla have basically ground to a halt in the last 2 years hasn't it. I read an article last year that said there were only 4 guys employed on the build so that the club wouldn't be fined by the council for abandoning it.

The whole time I was watching the match I kept thinking that if it was 10 years ago Valencia would have had their 20 minute spell before half time before Roy Keane would just wrestle control of the midfield back, absolutely stifle everything and United would ease past them with Giggs and Scholes running the show. Watched them do it time after time in Europe. Now only one of those three is finished the other two are regulars and they're no longer capable of shutting teams down the way they used to. I'm not saying decline but they sure as fuck aren't the side they were. I enjoyed that last night. When they were on top ten years ago they played some unwatchable but effective Keane based thuggery football away from home.

The two sides last night are over 1 billion in debt apparently.

Still can't believe we couldn't pony up the cash to keep Fernandes all those years ago. If Pienaar leaves we should get him in the transfer window. He was excellent for us.

In spite of having Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo on the pitch two players I hate more than anyone else on the planet (except McShane). This Real vs Milan game is most watchable. Albeit at a slower tempo than we're used to but jesus there are some fine players in particular at Real. Ozil, Khadiera, Di Maria and Higuin are all class. One thing though Alonso always looked like a touch of class at liverpool because he always looked to get his foot on the ball and could pick a pass since he went to Spain he looks like he's enjoyed the slower tempo a little too much and now looks some what sluggish.

Ronaldo looks like McGeady tonight. Gattuso and the right back just keep sheparding him into the corner he really is a ridiculous play acting waster cunt.

Edit Second half is off to a flier!!

Class.

Champions League quarter-finals draw
Real Madrid v Tottenham
Chelsea v Manchester United
Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter Milan v Schalke
The first legs will be played on April 5th/6th and the returns on April 12th/13th.
Champions League semi-finals draw
Inter Milan/Schalke v Chelsea/Manchester United
Real Madrid/Tottenham v Barcelona/Shakhtar Donetsk

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back