Champions League thread 2010/2011 (1 Viewer)

Real Madrid are a better team than Tottenham, says José Mourinho

in other news: water;wet. sky is blue. etc.

Not as funny as what actually happened. It's going to sound like schadenfreude on my part as my team are now on the outside looking in, but the pompous over confident muck being spouted by Arry and the Sky team of late smacked of every pre England World Cup fuck up. Wilkins was particularly baffling 'They don't deserve this, they don't deserve this' Perhaps not, but you as a flag waving English man do, if for nothing else but the line about ' I thought he was gonna go down in the box. Then we'd have a peno, they'd have a man off and we'd be laughing back at White Hart Lane'. Laughing? We? (Since when was Wilky a Spurs man?) They were playing Real Madrid mate, and not even the one Liverpool annihilated, but this is Mourinho's version. They're pretty good y'know. So hard luck on Spurs, their football and overall entertainment value has been great this season, but a little bit of a reality check me thinks. Having said that, they'll probably be 3-0 up at half time next Wednesday...

that's the worst i've seen chelsea play in about 10 years. torres...what happened...i don't think i've ever seen such a reversal.

50 milion quid. looks good to me.

that's the worst i've seen chelsea play in about 10 years. torres...what happened...i don't think i've ever seen such a reversal.

50 milion quid. looks good to me.

Read a piece yesterday which argued that Chelsea aren't set up to get the best out of Torres as they play a slow, passing, build up and never play the early through ball which he thrives on and, since Deco left they don't even have anyone capable of playing that sort of pass. It's a plausable enough argument but doesn't take into account the fact that Liverpool were (sort of, less so under Woy) set up to suit him and he was still gash for his last months there.

He could do with a break and a proper pre season after consequitve summers of Euro, Confederations, World Cup, I'd wait till next season to make a definate call on his decline. Of course, Argentina have apparently invited Spain to compete in the Copa America now that Japan have withdrawn.

Barca looked really ropey at times last night, if Shaktar had been a little more composed in front of goal they could have had a shot at being in it in the second leg.

chelsea may well be in decline as a force, in which case torres suits them, but he fell over, dived, got booked, gave the ball away and tied a bicycle kick where he forgot to hit the ball, and you don't need through balls and decos to sort that out.

spain are pretty good, and he's been muck for them. as far as i can see he started downhill after his baby was born. so did rooney. coincidence?

ronaldo? didn't he buy his child. he probably has a coterie of wet nurses to cater for little ronny. i'm talking about men with families. it must be exhausting to have a baby, a tired, emotional wife and a brothel full of prostitutes to keep happy.

Anyone feel sorry for Torres at this stage? The man's got himself into a right pickle and he doesn't seem to be able to play himself out of it. Cometh the hour cometh the man, but when your manager only gives you 45 minutes...

alonso's baby spoiled his relationship with rafa, allegedly - or rather him pulling out of the inter game that we won anyway did.

torres? sympathy? no, not really. never met the man. never had much of a relationship with him other than a 'he's scoring goals for us' vibe. wanted to join a real team, so he did. a club not in crisis. a side going places. nah.

alonso's baby spoiled his relationship with rafa, allegedly - or rather him pulling out of the inter game that we won anyway did.

torres? sympathy? no, not really. never met the man. never had much of a relationship with him other than a 'he's scoring goals for us' vibe. wanted to join a real team, so he did. a club not in crisis. a side going places. nah.

I don't much myself, just wondering if others do, him being such a former favourite. He already feels like a relic of the Benitez years but I didn't imagine he'd fall so far from grace in general. Benayoun will set him up with a goal or two before the season's out, but I'm just glad we're starting afresh with Suarez and Carroll next season, and a side going places.

got every chance of doing so. will be interesting to see where the money, which comolli says is on the way, will be spent this summer

whoa lads, lets move that conversation out of here. we shouldn't even be in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back