magic mushrooms (1 Viewer)

Deer Park's a good spot on the northside for them...followed by a leisurely stroll along Howth Head, stopping to marvel at how the wind combs the long grass..for about four hours...followed by a heart-attack-inducing fit of giggles at my mate's paranoia when I've convinced him he won't get into Whelan's wearing jeans bought in Tesco's.

Reader, you had to be there.

i wrapped mine in newspaper and change it every couple of days,anyone tried this method and does it work?
just seem hmds post....wrapped in paper and in my wardrobe?

i didn't cover them for fear of the mold.

a desk lamp just about them gets it going nicely

you were tripping solidly till March?!

sir, I doft my cap

It was a bumper picking season.:)

Deer Park's a good spot on the northside for them...followed by a leisurely stroll along Howth Head, stopping to marvel at how the wind combs the long grass..for about four hours...followed by a heart-attack-inducing fit of giggles at my mate's paranoia when I've convinced him he won't get into Whelan's wearing jeans bought in Tesco's.

Reader, you had to be there.

A light hearted Mitchum, see its true what bill hicks said about mushrooms making the world a better place.

Said already but a brown paper bag taped behind a radiator is sound.

I am still liking my idea of a really low oven, maybe with the door cracked open, for say 30 mins or something.

Did the low oven thing with the door shut and they all burnt to a crisp. We took them anyway and..nothing.

Went to bed a few hours later and started tripping in my sleep. Woke up in the small hours thinking I'd just dreamt my whole life, then couldn't figure out who I actually was. Had to watch a documentary about Bill Gates to come down.

Did the low oven thing with the door shut and they all burnt to a crisp. We took them anyway and..nothing.

Went to bed a few hours later and started tripping in my sleep. Woke up in the small hours thinking I'd just dreamt my whole life, then couldn't figure out who I actually was. Had to watch a documentary about Bill Gates to come down.

Yeah. I did that once. Not the burning mushrooms, the dreaming my whole life.

Quite disconcerting. How long did it take before you accepted this reality as your chosen one?
It took me almost an hour.

Yeah. Disconcerting to say the least.

I discovered the meaning of life one time, then promptly forgot it and freaked out.

It took me almost an hour.

Yeah. Disconcerting to say the least.

Yeah about an hour or so. The Bill Gates doc really helped reality settle back in :D

One of the other people who took them went home to bed and woke up thinking he was a beaver lying in the Liffey with all snake type tendrils coming out of him. He was quite scared, whereas I was just fuzzily confused by the whole thing.

Yeah about an hour or so. The Bill Gates doc really helped reality settle back in :D

One of the other people who took them went home to bed and woke up thinking he was a beaver lying in the Liffey with all snake type tendrils coming out of him. He was quite scared, whereas I was just fuzzily confused by the whole thing.

I am a Linux zealot. Seeing Gates would probably have pushed me over the edge.

One time I watched a fishing program, which was lovely till he caught a fish, then I freaked out completely, empathising powerfully with the fish.
He got set free in the end, but jesus, it was a fraught minute or so.

I tried dryin them in the hotpress when I was in school but they made a smell and my mother found them, she didnt know what they were and I said they were for class. I put them in honey before, that's good.

the honey works amazingly well, but be careful, cos it seems the magic spreads out into the honey
i underestimated the first time i ate mushroomed honey, it was great but alot more intense that i expected

Whats the consensus on shroom storage then?

Are we driers, or soakers in oilers, or what?
The "dried" ones I have seen have generally not really been done that well, and end up moldy. I would say sticking a load of them into a jar and covering them with oil would keep them well, except what do you do with them then.
What about trying to dry them on the lowest setting possible in an oven, and then into a ziplock baggy or somesuch?

Discuss, people.

you can use silica gel as well, though i havent tried it
i wrap them in newspaper and stick them in the hotpress for 2 or 3 days, works grand.

btw, theyve been out for a good while, went picking about a month ago and got 100 in an hour

I discovered the meaning of life one time, then promptly forgot it and freaked out.

The meaning of life is easy.
Its a song. You listen to the whole thing, not the last note.
The last note is just the end of the tune, no note means anything by itself, the valuable part is the complete tune.

Don't put them in the oven. The psychoactive compound psilocybin breaks down at surprisingly low temperatures. Making mushroom tea will reduce potency unless the liquid is left to cool down a bit first.

If you have to dry them under an incandescent bulb, keep it about a metre away. The radiant heat from the bulb is more than enough. We're talking about a 60 watt table lamp here.

Or just leave them on a shelf in a dry place at room temp and they will shrivel up naturally. (Hotpress works). Make sure they are dry as little bones before storing them.

Best way is to get some calcium chloride and put it in the bottom of a big mixing bowl with a wire mesh half way up. Put the shrooms on the mesh, and cover the lid. The calcium chloride sucks the moisture up and makes for quick drying. The big Tescos have it, look in the automotive section. It will be packaged as a dampness eliminator for boats etc. About 8 quid for a pack but it's super efficient.

Mushrooms lose a small percentage of their potency when you dry them, but not enough to be significant. Try not to touch them excessively as this will bruise the flesh and cause the psilocybin to oxidise. The grease from your fingers will do it too.

They are most commonly found on south facing slopes.

Full drying description here:

http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs.old/plants/mushrooms/gg/MMGG.HTM#Dry

Don't put them in the oven. The psychoactive compound psilocybin breaks down at surprisingly low temperatures. Making mushroom tea will reduce potency unless the liquid is left to cool down a bit first.

If you have to dry them under an incandescent bulb, keep it about a metre away. The radiant heat from the bulb is more than enough. We're talking about a 60 watt table lamp here.

Or just leave them on a shelf in a dry place at room temp and they will shrivel up naturally. (Hotpress works). Make sure they are dry as little bones before storing them.

Best way is to get some calcium chloride and put it in the bottom of a big mixing bowl with a wire mesh half way up. Put the shrooms on the mesh, and cover the lid. The calcium chloride sucks the moisture up and makes for quick drying. The big Tescos have it, look in the automotive section. It will be packaged as a dampness eliminator for boats etc. About 8 quid for a pack but it's super efficient.

Mushrooms lose a small percentage of their potency when you dry them, but not enough to be significant. Try not to touch them excessively as this will bruise the flesh and cause the psilocybin to oxidise. The grease from your fingers will do it too.

They are most commonly found on south facing slopes.

Full drying description here:

http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs.old/plants/mushrooms/gg/MMGG.HTM#Dry

And the expert has spoken, but seriously Aled here knows his stuff when it comes to the 'shrooms.

And the expert has spoken, but seriously Aled here knows his stuff when it comes to the 'shrooms.

Glad to be of service :)

That said, I've never been picking, so I'm interested to hear how you folks get on this year. Might even take a spin myself this weekend.

If there's any consolation that we've had such a wet summer, it's the fact that there will be more of these little fellas springing up than ever before.

Edit : Psilocybin (also known as psilocybine) is a psychedelic alkaloid of the tryptamine family.

Tryptamine family. Ha ha ha ha. Deadly.

Yep. <3 tryptamines. In the 70s, Alexander Shulgin (the "godfather of ecstasy"), got special permission to synthesize as many of these as he possibly could, and tested them all on himself. The book (complete with synthesis techniques) is here.

the word "shrooms" wrecks my head. reminds me of crusties. am i the only one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back