Cinemagoing (2 Viewers)

Do none of yis get something like the Cineworld Unlimited card? €20 a month to see as many films as you want where it can be that much for a single IMAX screening alone. 3D and IMAX are a bit extra but I rarely go to those. I usually see at least 5 films a month with it.

Do none of yis get something like the Cineworld Unlimited card? €20 a month to see as many films as you want where it can be that much for a single IMAX screening alone. 3D and IMAX are a bit extra but I rarely go to those. I usually see at least 5 films a month with it.

It's a great deal. There's a similar one where I live but it blocks IMAX and 3D so I don't use it.
I'd gladly pay the extra few quid though.

I've never seen an IMAX screening. I thought it was just a bigger screen or does it give you a handjob while you watch?

It's a handjob for your eyes.

Some movies are more suited than others. And it depends on how much you like movie-going in the first place.

If you think watching Lawrence Of Arabia, for example, is the same at home or in the cinema, don't spend the extra on IMAX

I've never seen an IMAX screening. I thought it was just a bigger screen or does it give you a handjob while you watch?

Proper IMAX is a waayyyyy bigger screen (70ft tall and more than the human field of view can take in), at a different aspect ratio, with better sound.

"fake" digital IMAX (which is what we get here in Dublin) is a bigger than usual screen, different aspect ratio, better sound. For the right kind of film it's amazing - Gravity being the obvious one.

I saw The Dark Knight Rises in the "Largest Screen In The World" at Sydney's Darling Harbour IMAX and it was on another level altogether.

IMAX-vs-LIEMAX.jpeg

I might go see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes there. Looking forward to that badboy most out of the summer blockbusters

Mos def

And on the pulpy side, Lucy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Rover is out here next week. Guy Pierce battering scumbags in a post apocalyptic Australia. Yes please. Good beard action too.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pavillion Theatre in Dun Laoghaire is showing arthouse movies on a Monday that you might have missed during their initial run in cinemas. Going to see Under the Skin tonight. 7.50 or 6.50 for a student. Can't say fairer than that. Will let yiz know how I get on

Pavillion Theatre in Dun Laoghaire is showing arthouse movies on a Monday that you might have missed during their initial run in cinemas. Going to see Under the Skin tonight. 7.50 or 6.50 for a student. Can't say fairer than that. Will let yiz know how I get on

Good info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back