Cinemagoing (1 Viewer)

Bob-Holness-007.jpg

A blockbuster on a Saturday morning can work well.

0.jpg

“Football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football… what you men see in it, I don’t know. A load of men kicking a bit of leather ’round a field. You men, the things you think are ‘great fun’. Like going to the films, a load of men sitting around looking at films! And rollercoasters, a load of men in a rollercoaster going up and down on a big metal track! And sailing, a load of men in a big boat floating around in the sea! And shouting, a load of men going around shouting! And so forth…”

There is a cinema 300 metres from my house. I've been in it maybe 3 times since it opened the guts of ten years ago. I might go tomorrow to see Jimmy's Hall at 4pm. I can't imagine there'd be too many people at that.

I spent a good two hours today trying to buy £53 tickets for a screening of Back to the Future. The ticket system crashed and the sale was abandoned.

I hate bullshit London events. I desperately want to be part of bullshit London events.

That looks amazing. Who pays for that stuff?

The ticket prices alone?

I hate these things. No offence, but if you’re willing to pay £53 for a film which is on tv at least once a year then you deserve to be ripped off. That Secret Cinema is such a load of shite. I went to the Brazil one and it was a pointless waste of time. Thankfully I didn’t pay.

I want to watch films in a normal cinema at a reasonable price. I don’t want to walk around an empty office block in Zone 6, looking at a bunch of out of work actors standing around shouting in shit costumes, then watch a film I’ve seen already, and pay the same amount as a Neil Young ticket for the privilege.

I hate these things. No offence, but if you’re willing to pay £53 for a film which is on tv at least once a year then you deserve to be ripped off. That Secret Cinema is such a load of shite. I went to the Brazil one and it was a pointless waste of time. Thankfully I didn’t pay.

I want to watch films in a normal cinema at a reasonable price. I don’t want to walk around an empty office block in Zone 6, looking at a bunch of out of work actors standing around shouting in shit costumes, then watch a film I’ve seen already, and pay the same amount as a Neil Young ticket for the privilege.

I gave my brother-in-law tickets for the Jaws one in Dublin in February.

He fucking loved it.

They didn’t even have a big screen. They showed the film on piles of old 1980s tv screens and computer monitors to keep with the aesthetic. Bull. Shit.

I don't like angry Bernie.
Ah I’m only messin’. Each to their own. Call me a traditionalist I guess. I just thought it was too distracting. Brazil wouldn’t be my favourite film either so maybe if I’d watched a different film I’d have enjoyed it more. Also I was on a blind date and instantly found the person annoying and knew I was going to have to spend the next few hours with her. It was a bad night, ok…

I was at a Jameson one for The Usual Suspects and I found it dumb as all heck. But there was unlimited free booze and I had good company, so no complaints really.

The Back To The Future one looks fun.
Well this is it. The Jameson ones aren’t nearly half as elaborate as Secret Cinema ones but they are free and they ply you with drink. I like free and I like booze. They also screen new releases from time to time as part of their Future Cult series.

Well this is it. The Jameson ones aren’t nearly half as elaborate as Secret Cinema ones but they are free and they ply you with drink. I like free and I like booze. They also screen new releases from time to time as part of their Future Cult series.

Honestly, I would rather pay a group of passionate people having a go than take a free ticket from Pernod Ricard. But again that's just me.

Actually, that said, it would depend on the film.
I love Brazil. Didn't need the Jaws experience, I've done it.

Honestly, I would rather pay a group of passionate people having a go than take a free ticket from Pernod Ricard. But again that's just me.

Actually, that said, it would depend on the film.
I love Brazil. Didn't need the Jaws experience, I've done it.
Would you pay $90 to see Brazil again, the only difference being it was in a disused office block and there were groups of actors/extras standing around dressed like characters from the film shouting and occasionally going by on rollerksates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back