Zodiac (1 Viewer)

There were some lovely signature Fincher moments though - the overhead cab ride tracking shot; the time-lapse construction of the Transamerica Pyramid; the "live writing" around the offices and - holy shit - a fresh-looking Golden Gate Bridge perspective. They all gave me goosebumps, and I'm not sure exactly why some people have such a problem with DF's stylin'...

deys always whinin' bout finchs stylin'

While I agree with a lot of the positives mentioned in this thread, ultimatelt I think it was fairly unconvincing.

Spoilers etc.

The whole bit about Rick Marshall and the creepy scene in the basement, were these tangents not entirely surplus to requirements?

Asmuch as I love him and would desire to get horizontal with him I really think Robert Downey Jr. just plays Robert Downey Jr all the time. It gets a bit tiring.

While I agree with a lot of the positives mentioned in this thread, ultimatelt I think it was fairly unconvincing.

Spoilers etc.

The whole bit about Rick Marshall and the creepy scene in the basement, were these tangents not entirely surplus to requirements?

i thought the whole second half of the film was about yer man's obsession and faith in his various clues so the bit in the basement was really tense for the audience because they too have bought into his paranoia which made it really interesting when you realised afterwards that there wasn't any danger at all

Asmuch as I love him and would desire to get horizontal with him I really think Robert Downey Jr. just plays Robert Downey Jr all the time. It gets a bit tiring.

jack nicholson does the same thing tho! i think RD Jr has pretty much become a character actor now tho? i thought it was pretty good overall - nice attention to detail n all...wonder if mr peace'n'love donovan minded hurdy gurdy man being used to soundtrack the first murder scene? granted the malevolent guitar on that track is by jimmy page so maybe that evens it up;) chloe sevigny has a lovely husky voice.....

SPOILER

Maybe it's just that I've been on a diet of fictional TV/movie serial killers but if Zodiac was Allen the fact that the first murder (in the film, not the first he claimed) was of someone he knew while the rest seemed to be random crimes of opportunity.

But that's usually how they get their taste. Apparently.

And it wasn't that they were particularly random. We don't know what his motivation was or if he follied them around beforehand, as the FBI Behavioural Analysis guys never got to interview him.

I read the buke years ago. Graysmith goes into a bit of detail about this sort of thing. There's another great book on Serial Killers called Mindhunter by the guy who set up the Feds' Unit. Well worth a looksee. Tells you what to watch out for in your kids and at what age.

just back from seeing this..thought it was deadly although i nearly weed myself when (SPOILERS)

he gets the woman and the baby into his car..

thought the whole cast were brilliant with downey jr, gylenhaal and ruffalo being especially great..i thought all the ric marshall stuff and the posters and whatnot were to show just how many people they were dealing with as suspects and whatnot..

overall two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

Turns out this was better than Bridge to Terabithia.
They wore some nice clothes around 1970.
and it's always good to see hardly any women in a film

saw it tonight. really really enjoyed it. great characters, great balance of humour and suspense. beautifully shot. yeah, I really liked it. was pretty long, but mostly I didn't notice.

I love robert downey jr to bits.

The basement scene was so scary, probably because if it were any other serialkillermovie, it'd be nearly time to close your eyes a bit.

I was thinking that it'd be funny - if Leigh wasn't the Zodiac - and the actual guy is sitting in a cinema somewhere watching this, delighted with himself!

The basement scene was so scary, probably because if it were any other serialkillermovie, it'd be nearly time to close your eyes a bit.

I was thinking that it'd be funny - if Leigh wasn't the Zodiac - and the actual guy is sitting in a cinema somewhere watching this, delighted with himself!

you're the Zodiac! you sick fuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back