Zed vs Zee (1 Viewer)

A few programmers I talked with would say the same, which is amusing as you would assume it's all Maths, Maths, Maths... I'm sure Egg_ or Pete or some other programmer/creative type would know more about this
Same with every discipline I'd imagine - there's an art and a craft to everything. The craft can be learned (and needs to be if you're to be good), the art you have to find inside yourself. I sound like a hippie but that doesn't mean I'm not right

In fairness, whereas a bit o' the owl' discrete maths is a boon for learning programming, the actual use of it is minimal. It's a throwback to when eggheads were the only ones doing it. What is needed is more of an analytical mindset. And a certain nerd factor. For the likes of Assembly and C (and its derivatives).

But it depends on the language. Having the ability to see patterns and shit is actually more common than not, though people always assume it's a rare talent. It's one of the reasons we're attracted to symbols and logos and the like. It's great for fifth generation languages.

Egg_is right. It's all about learning.

And Pantone, that Betty Edwards buke is brilliant. I try to recommend it to people too.

Anyone can learn anything. It just takes time and patience. Talent is just hours of practice. Some people need less is all.

Yeah true ... I'm not explaining this very well .... instead of 'bee' for 'b' it's kind of like 'buh', and 'cuh' for 'c' etc etc.

Yeah - Dylan has a toy that pronounces letters like that.
"Buh is for Ball"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back