youth groups are the new black (1 Viewer)

mazzyianne

Website
Visit site
For any youngsters out there, got news of this today, the name's a bit odd (i reckon) but whatever. I took out the time and place of their protest coz youth defence always attack pro-choice stuff and I reckon that's why it's not on indymedia.
But if anyone wants to know where and when pm me. If I find out its ok to put it up I will.

I am pleased to announce the formation of a new youth
group that are campaigning for reproductive rights in
Ireland. BODY (Bold Open Decisive Youth) is a diverse
group of young pro-choice activists that are
campaigning for safe and legal abortion services in
Ireland.

BODY will hold a pro-choice action on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to protest
against Ireland’s draconian abortion legislation.

This creative action will visibly highlight the fact
that 17 women are forced to leave Ireland every day to
avail of abortion services outside the State.

We are inviting all pro-choice groups, organisations,
political parties and individuals to support this
protest. We hope you can join us!

this is good news. between the anarchist collective and this, and plenty of other formations, i think we're proving our place in 'radical' community to be just as important as anyone else, and hopefully with all of these happenings, we can make some fucking impact.

it could be cool for yis to go along, ya know, break the trend in the older groups of pro choice being mainly women and anti choicers having plenty of men.
hint hint.
ok it was more than a hint, not too subtle anyways.:p

It looks like it's on indymedia now so its at the Dail at 11.30 am next Tuesday, 13th December
And why did someone take rep off me for putting this up?
Will the patriarchy never end........?????????????? hehehehe
fuck ya, whoever you are

I don't mean to disagree just to be a cunt etc just a firm belief I always had, I mean do you know how hard it is to get into this world? and then to have it snatched away after winning the lottery of after having being conceived.

JANER said:
I don't mean to disagree just to be a cunt etc just a firm belief I always had, I mean do you know how hard it is to get into this world? and then to have it snatched away after winning the lottery of after having being conceived.

i don't want to get into some sort of philosophic discussion about the possible existence of pre-natal (or even pre-conception) conciousness or some shit like that. you are totally entitled to your opinion. all i was getting at was that this is anything but a simple issue. :rolleyes: ;)

JANER said:
I mean do you know how hard it is to get into this world? and then to have it snatched away after winning the lottery of after having being conceived.
it's not a lottery, it's biology. and do you feel like you've won the lottery of life?

haha. fair enough so
lottery.gif

Jeez
More negative rep.
'it's not patriarchy, you're just a jerk.'

like it? love it.|..|

thanks whoever you are. I see the error of my ways. it's not patriarchy, i'm just a jerk. It's not patriarchy, I'm just a jerk. It's not patriarchy, I'm just a jerk.

I didn't think it was.
i know you disagree with abortion, and that's what the points are there for. I understand how you feel, I have had this argument with my paretns a few times, they are totally anti-abortion and until we argued thought that pro choice meant pro abortion. But I reckon when it comes to something like the x case they would get that forcing a suicidal 15 yr old to have a kid from rape is fucked.
I dunno.
I'm not going to argue with you coz you're entitled to your opinion.
The post was to let pro choice people know this group existed.

Yaya I agree about not arguing, it's just like most arguments, each side are firmly entrenched thinking they are correct and they can explain to the other side why etc etc

I like women

it's not patriarchy, you're just a jerk is a pretty good negative rep comment. someone called me a fag for my post on the 'gay partygoers to receive hormone injections' thread. and i didn't even say anything gay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back