you're so money (1 Viewer)

underhanded.

hilarious.

anyway, for anyone who gives a fuck, this is what happened.
this gig was planned months ago.
after much ado about dates etc, sat 4th may in whelans was decided. and booked and all that shit.
and connollys in leap for the weekend after.
this was AAAAGES ago before the sabbath was even invented.
then the white stripes decided to bring their quirky asses to town that night and all involved decided it best to cancel as we reckoned no one would go.
due to exams, people going away etc, this is the only weekend that all the bands playing can do it.
do it. hehe. hehe.
so after much to-ing and fro-ing (none of which was done by me on account of the laziness and all) vicar st on the thursday was basically our only option.

1.yes its a school night.
but in fairness, judging by the amount of you here that i have seen falling around various city centre venues of a thursday night, this doesn't really cut the mustard as a valid excuse.

2.no, we weren't trying to bring down the rape crisis centre or anything retarded like that. its just the way things worked out.

3.you are all gay.

i think pantone summed it up best when he said "dont ration the rock".
thats deadly that is.

just for the record, i wouldnt go to either if i wasn't involved.
on account of hating bands.
and dublin.
and pricks.
and pricky bands from dublin.
and fun.

pee pee (05 Apr, 2002 11:21 a.m.):
underhanded.

paula, i said 'suspicion'. i completely understand it as an unfortunate coincidence bar this only booked on monday lark. that just seems odd to me.

i hope both gigs go off without a hitch and are packed to the gills.

Back to square one. I have been trying on various threads to start some sort of indie promoter's diary that will cut down on clashing of dates. The Vicar street gig sounds like something hag was talking about at the Things meetings a while ago. It's one thing clashing with the sabbath but don't you think most people who wouldn't ususlly go to see these bands but that might now because of the Times artice etc (which is who i presume this gig is aimed at) will all be saving for the White Stripes / Hives / Frames / whatever..

Even without the Sabbath, the timing still seems a bit off.

For the record i still think it's a deadly plan and wish them all, I'll be there in spirit.

jossy tempest shook his lustrous mane, and said(05 Apr, 2002 11:23 a.m.):
Why do I always end up feeling like some sort of pleading liberal on this poxy board?

The answer's in the question.

Now.

I think maybe i'll do something I've never done before and close this thread in a few minutes.

So get your last words in quick!

pete growled:
I think maybe i'll do something I've never done before and close this thread in a few minutes.

Fascist.

jossy tempest (05 Apr, 2002 12:04 p.m.):
pete growled:

Fascist.

I'm just thinking of the children

Oh and ring me you git i've got something here for you....

what a load of bollocks. utter utter utter bollocks.

no, i wouldn't have gone to both gigs. but there were people who did. and people who went to the dublin gig as well.

utter fucking bollocks. can yis not afford it? there's two bands playing both. two out of about 16. for fucks sake.

pete (05 Apr, 2002 11:55 a.m.):
jossy tempest shook his lustrous mane, and said(05 Apr, 2002 11:23 a.m.):
Why do I always end up feeling like some sort of pleading liberal on this poxy board?

The answer's in the question.

Now.

could you close tthe "IS VBRITNEY A VIRGIN" thread to...please

the fucks!! (kidding, kidding)

2 May: (A benefit gig for the Simon Community)
Boxes (Ireland) - Jesus Lizard meets Gang of Four; dynamic and
rocking.
Barberskum (Limerick) - Punk rock, like it was 1977 all over again.
Mixtwitch (Dublin) - Poppy, punky, songs about skating in the
shopping mall.
Seether (Ireland) - Local rock combo

jossy tempest (05 Apr, 2002 12:25 p.m.):
Hector Grey'd:
utter fucking bollocks. can yis not afford it? there's two bands playing both. two out of about 16. for fucks sake.

That isn't the point at all. Obviously.

seriously though, the audiences could be very different. the scene cannot be as parochial as all that. there are humans out there who might want to check out various bands ove rthe two gigs, and humans who might want to spend money on the rcc. this shouldn't be an issue to anyone. how do you think the bands involved felt about this bickering and cries for boycotting.

the scene lies, man.

As generic punter type, I think it's cool there's something to do on the Thursday. I'm generally bored shitless on Thursdays anyway, what with everyone I know either watching Buffy or working.

But I'll be going to the Sabbath thing too. I'd already planned to, and the gig on Thursday won't affect that.

I don't speak for all the generic punter
types, obviously. But I don't see anyone
saying that they've changed their minds
about going to the Sabbath gig coz
there's another gig on Thursday.

Hector Grey (05 Apr, 2002 10:54 a.m.):

good music= good thing.
i just saw AMT twice over the weekend. was i moaning about the underhandedness of having to go to two gigs on the trot. like eck.

but the point is that the sabbath is for CHARITY and if the vicar street gig goes ahead then the CHARITY may not make as much money as it could have. its a simple case of principles. to book a gig with the specific intention to rival a charity gig is just an asshole thing to do.

Note:

Steven knew of this gig b4 he chose the line-up of the Sabbath, he obviously see's no danger in having the two.

I can see now how some people can turn on others like rabid dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back