Your Health Is Your Wealth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
Found a bottle of water in the course of my daily rummaging. Fuckin' hoovered the thing into me. Didn't feel thirsty at all.

Hydration is weird.

After a few weeks of deliberation I just canceled my gym membership. I hadn't been in months and was waiting for the motivation to start going again. That never came.

The last time I spoke to my doctor he said it was a waste of time and money and I should focus on eating better (and less) and mind the drinking, and I'd get healthier faster.

So we'll see.

Might spend the money I've saved on a box of celebratory beer.

After a few weeks of deliberation I just canceled my gym membership. I hadn't been in months and was waiting for the motivation to start going again. That never came.

The last time I spoke to my doctor he said it was a waste of time and money and I should focus on eating better (and less) and mind the drinking, and I'd get healthier faster.

So we'll see.

Cerveza Crystal?

So we'll see.

Is there any movement you like doing?
trying to make ourslves do something we hate is never gonna have much of a succcess rate
If there is stuff you can tolerate doing, like biking or swimming, it can be worth building on those
Motivation is never gonna get us through these things. There will be way more days you're not motivated than you are motivated. We need something else.

And I have found that it is better to have an actual target, some goal, couch to 5k or whatever, rather than something that's slight nebulous like "healthy"
We're all breathing, so technically we're all healthy

More than anything what works is doing it with other people.
Finding someone who will go walking with you, running with you, or whatever you decide on. Getting some accountability in there will work when motivation goes away.
Wherever you live, there are walking and running groups. Whether it's a bunch of ol' wans or whatever. Any of these groups is very happy to get a new member.

No one is motivated to do this stuff all the time. But you build the habit and you get it done. You know it's gonna suck in the moment, but you work through it because you see the big picture for yourself.

All of this is said not to be lecturing or condescending but because you're a truly lovely man and I would like this thing - that you seem to want - to happen for you
i.e. love

Last edited:
I often can't tell if I'm tired or thirsty. Sometimes I'm sitting at the desk in the afternoon thinking "I'm so wrecked, this is shit" and then think "oh hang on maybe I'm thirsty" then drink a load of water and I'm grand
Gonna try this

Possible game changer

I've been thinking about joining the local tennis club. Playing a game seems like much more fun than "excercise", I'm just a bit afraid I'd injure myself seeing as I haven't played a game of tennis since I was a teen
I am jealous

To me it's teh ultimate sport
It's got everything, strength, agility, speed, coordination,

My partner wants me to start going to the gym with him so we can have a joint hobby. He’s there at 6 am.
I can’t think of anything I want to do less.
Seriously thinking about taking up model building and pretending I’m really in to it, just to avoid the gym.

"I don't enjoy exercise."
Deadmanposting (cheerily!): "Have you considered the additional horror of involving other people?"
Haha
Is there really no movement you enjoy?
Like a walk on the waterfront? Biking somewhere? Swimming?

I kinda thought everyone liked swimming on some level.
I may not have that correct.

In my brief flirtation with a gym I saw a few couples there regularly. They would "spot" each (I suppose) and take turns on machines. I just thought there was no way in hell that me and my girlfriend would ever do this together. I think there is a certain mindset required which I certainly do not have.

I love walking, I could walk for hours, but my accountability buddy is supposed to be the dog and he is over it. He absolutely has to check the little park every day, but why walk all the way to the end of the park and back when he can efficiently visually assess it from half way? He is not going to put in the mileage I'd need to turn it into exercise.

My partner wants me to start going to the gym with him so we can have a joint hobby. He’s there at 6 am.
I can’t think of anything I want to do less.
Seriously thinking about taking up model building and pretending I’m really in to it, just to avoid the gym.
"going to the gym" is a essentially pointless endeavour
I think the gym is just a means to an end. If we think of it as medicine we don't want to take, we're already fucked.

I don't know if this would interest you, but there are a lot of women turning to strength training for fitness, and to feel better about themselves, their lives and their bodies.
Not about fitting into a pair of jeans, but loving what their body can do and feeling like a fucking badass

Text from my gf this morning when I asked what she did at the gym. She does this stuff cos she hates running.
1711389187076.png

I cannot do any of this.

In my brief flirtation with a gym I saw a few couples there regularly. They would "spot" each (I suppose) and take turns on machines. I just thought there was no way in hell that me and my girlfriend would ever do this together. I think there is a certain mindset required which I certainly do not have.
I feel you
I see it both ways
When I was a pub goer, I couldn't imagine another life. Literally couldn't.
Even when I started running, the thought of a marathon seemed impossible.
But most everything is impossible if we want it enough.

I wish I could play guitar 10% as good as some of you. I am trying to figure out a way to motivate myself to do that. Just to play one goddamn song. But it seems like too many steps to achieve the goal and so I do something else instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back