Your Health Is Your Wealth (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
ha, I suppose the point is that as a subject I have no interest in "drink". It makes me a terrible party host. "have you got any brandy?" "what is that?, give me a brand name and I'll look"
"what about Gin?" "who makes it?"
My Father in law likes to go on and on about whiskey thinking I know about it, 99% goes right over my head. Might as well be talking about Ice Hockey.

The little bit of spring in the air yesterday gave me such a goo for some summer pints. Out in the open. Can't wait.

I did 100 pullups between 9:30am at 12:00pm yesterday. WFH day. In sets of 5. Back feels decently mangled today.

Through no deliberate effort my drinking habits are definitely slowing down, now that I think about it. For the last couple of years I might have two bottles of a nice IPA on a Friday or Saturday night, and that's now down to two small baby cans of something tasty. One pint at a gig because I HATE losing my spot and moving through the crowd.
Principal benefit is not having to get up to widdle all night.

We have a massive wall of free chocolates and sweets and nuts here at work. Informally known as the "candy wall"

It's constantly refilled and and a never-ending temptation

Even though I don't drink booze, I have a big weakness for chocos and biccies.
I won't buy them for the house, because it's pointless - they all get eaten.
So I don't really judge any of y'all your tipples.

I am attempting to not visit the candy wall for Lent.
But that can only happen if I don't visit it today.
And it is very hard today.

We have a massive wall of free chocolates and sweets and nuts here at work. Informally known as the "candy wall"

Yea we have one of those. The ladies all scoff from it while they complain about it, and buy for it.

You’re in America though, so all the treats are gank.

I dunno if this sleep measurement thing on my watch is any use at all. It says my "sleep charge" was "much above usual" last night ... but after doing the school run I went back to bed and slept for 2 more hours, and it didn't register that at all. How could I have had a very good sleep, and still needed 2 more hours?

I started smoking (after 20 years quit) during Covid (stupid I know) and I thought working in an office would help me quit. Nope. The only conversation (or way to figure shit out around here) I get is in the smoking shack. Otherwise, I am like a ghost floating through in the building.

That is the only somewhat valid reason I still smoke.

I can't just walk out of the room and then just stand there, I'd look like a crazy person. Whereas now I look like a crazy person who's smoking a cigarette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back