Your Health Is Your Wealth (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
I find staying up until I’m actually feeling sleepy helps* which means I’m usually up until 1-1:30am, sometimes 2am. Then I wake up at 7:15am and by the time sunday rolls around I’m ready to sleep until about 10am. Then it starts again.

* it is in fact deeply unhelpful.
See?

I find staying up until I’m actually feeling sleepy helps* which means I’m usually up until 1-1:30am, sometimes 2am. Then I wake up at 7:15am and by the time sunday rolls around I’m ready to sleep until about 10am. Then it starts again.

* it is in fact deeply unhelpful.
Bed at 10. I wake in the night and do an hour on duolingo at 3am, then back to sleep. Awake at 6:30am on gym mornings, 7am otherwise.

Very weird but impressive
I don't set the alarm or anything. I just wake around that time and know I can't get back to sleep without tiring myself out again. Duolingo does the trick. And the one-hour thing is ballpark. I aim for 1000XP a day, so once I've gotten that, podcast on, the back to the lad of nod.

I got a new* one of those heart rate monitor things cos I'm trying out this Zone 2 training thing and man it's some hard to keep in Zone 2! I was mowing the lawn at lunchtime and any bit of pulling-and-dragging I had to do (getting around trees etc) pushed me into Zone 3 right away so I'd have to stop and wait for my heart rate to go down, and then it'd suddenly be down in Zone 1. Bleurgh

* cos the cheap one I bought was useless so I returned it

I got a new* one of those heart rate monitor things cos I'm trying out this Zone 2 training thing and man it's some hard to keep in Zone 2! I was mowing the lawn at lunchtime and any bit of pulling-and-dragging I had to do (getting around trees etc) pushed me into Zone 3 right away so I'd have to stop and wait for my heart rate to go down, and then it'd suddenly be down in Zone 1. Bleurgh

* cos the cheap one I bought was useless so I returned it

That is the toughest thing about Zone 2
RUnning slow enough
It feels like cheating

Do you do the whole 80% in Zone 2 thing?
Dude, I tried

But I have too much going on. I mean I'm running with various clubs and so on. And when the group I'm with kicks it up a gear, I am usually gonna hang with them.

My final marathon this year is Dublin. Then another Half in November.
Once that's done, I am gonna put a lot of regular easy miles on the legs through the winter. RUn like a 10k every morning or something. And that may be the time to look more seriously at Zone 2.

I
Moreso, don't assume someone is ok just because they have a cheerful exterior. If you're checking in on yer buddies, check in on all of them.
I hate terms like: moaning or whining.
If I am not happy I will say so. That's a strength if anything.
If anyone is not feeling good, please tell someone and keep telling folks until someone listens.

It's very emotional, but I don't know what course of action it's suggesting. Is it saying that if the miserable-looking lad had asked the cheerful looking lad "are you doing alright?" then he would have opened up and everything would have been ok?

Moreso, don't assume someone is ok just because they have a cheerful exterior. If you're checking in on yer buddies, check in on all of them.

Yeah
Have real conversations with your mates

I know I am a broken record on teh running

But if you are feeling depressed or suffer from it regularly - try to get outside for a good long walk or run or bike ride
Doctors prescribe it, they should do so as a matter of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back