Your Health Is Your Wealth (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
Hell of a day yesterday in hospital getting my 6 monthly meds.
Throat started to tighten so infusion was immediately stopped and I was given a dose of Adrenaline, which isn't as fun as it sounds. 15 minutes of shakes. Then had to start again which meant more pre-meds, more steroids then the actual meds at a low rate. Plus another line in the other arm with fluids.
So I thought I'd be out by 12.30 so I'd only brought a muffin and a pear. I was there til 5pm.
Took the day off today, recovering.
Jaysus.
Sounds really rough. I'm sorry.

Apart from being hungry, can I ask how this effects you mentally?
DO you have ways of keeping yourself centred/positive?

If it goes properly you just sleep through an infusion. Which is very nice. This time was just different. I can't see this happening again.

I believe in distraction therapy. The dumbest kind of therapy.

If it goes properly you just sleep through an infusion. Which is very nice. This time was just different. I can't see this happening again.

I believe in distraction therapy. The dumbest kind of therapy.

I'm a believer in distraction. Keep your mind occupied,but with shit you like.

We've had things in work about wellness and all that nonsense.

Empty your mind?? Yeah fuck right off!!!! that just leaves space for all the bad shit to flood right in.. and it does with me.

Get the chance to play music with people and I'll be charged for ages.

Different approaches for different people, I'm a lucky bastard to have a few good people around me and have found something that works for me.

(Also ,never being afraid of talking about the heavy shit,with anyone. That works with me too. . Thanks anyone that has lent an ear)

True that. TERRIBLE sleep last night. Tried every trick in my arsenal. Trying to clear my mind is very hard. So many things! I can't even think a sexy thought fantasy through, 2 seconds in and I'm thinking about the bins or a dumb song the choir is learning or breaking a song down into tiny sections on the fretboard.

Garmin says my V02 Max is now 54 - up from 53

Not really sure what this means (as in real world applications) but it's heading in the right direction

Had a wobble on my daily pushups - skipped some days while traveling to Berlin for the marathon and so on
But totally back on track
Today is Day 287, so I owe the universe 287 pushups

True that. TERRIBLE sleep last night. Tried every trick in my arsenal. Trying to clear my mind is very hard. So many things! I can't even think a sexy thought fantasy through, 2 seconds in and I'm thinking about the bins or a dumb song the choir is learning or breaking a song down into tiny sections on the fretboard.
My trick for this is podcasts. I stick in one headphone in my non-pillowed ear. Podcast has to not have music stings, or particularly boisterous content, also this is key: must be about something you're only slightly interested in. My current go-to is The Night Linux Podcast family of podcasts. They talk about Linux stuff. I don't even use Linux, except for my Steamdeck for gaming. I'm very very slightly interested in Linux but not enough to keep me awake. But enough to stop my inner monologue thinking about the bins and that worrying thing that someone said to me the other day.

If I need to go to sleep, I cannot think about this world or my life

Maybe it's weird, but I just think about what it would be like to live 100 or 1,000 years ago or to be alive 50 million years ago
Or whatit would be like to be in deep interstellar space or some shit like that

My mind does not drift back to the real world and I can drift off

Last night I dreamed I was married to Taylor Swift. Which was actually kind of cool.

My trick for this is podcasts. I stick in one headphone in my non-pillowed ear. Podcast has to not have music stings, or particularly boisterous content, also this is key: must be about something you're only slightly interested in. My current go-to is The Night Linux Podcast family of podcasts. They talk about Linux stuff. I don't even use Linux, except for my Steamdeck for gaming. I'm very very slightly interested in Linux but not enough to keep me awake. But enough to stop my inner monologue thinking about the bins and that worrying thing that someone said to me the other day.
I find staying up until I’m actually feeling sleepy helps* which means I’m usually up until 1-1:30am, sometimes 2am. Then I wake up at 7:15am and by the time sunday rolls around I’m ready to sleep until about 10am. Then it starts again.

* it is in fact deeply unhelpful.

In bed by 8:30/9:00 every night
Phone in living room
Read for a while til sleepy
Up by 5:30/6:00 every day

This works for me.
The times might seem weird, but having no phone in bed is key for me.
You reach for it and have it on to scroll through nonsense, before you even know you are doing it.
And if you're the type of person that thinks about bins (or whatever) you'd be checking when the Recycling Centre opens and all sorts of unnecessary sleep-defying shit without even thinking about it either.
Phone fatwa!

Last edited:
"This will wake me up." scrollscrollscroll

I lack the will of the warrior.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not really arsed with scrolling except for:
  • the time between dinner and washing up
  • when I'm supposed to be working
Weekday bedtime is before-11 for me, except for Wednesday when I'm jamming down the pub, or maybe an open mic or a gig or something once a month-ish. Weekday getting-up time is 7, though if I'm still sleepy (which is fairly often) I'll go back to bed for a while after I've dropped the teenager to the bus

My current thing for getting to sleep is to sing "Everyone's gone to the movies" to myself and then watch the colors and blobs behind my eyes as if I'm waiting to find out what happens at the movies. Eventually it starts morphing into dreams and actual sleep

I usually sleep about 6 1/2 hours.
Don't get 7 hours sleep often and don't seem capable of getting 8 hours sleep but I get good quality sleep and seem fine.
Sometimes I fall asleep for 20 minutes during the day and am fine again shortly after.
Happy with my sleep. It was really bad for me 5 to 15 plus years ago.

Last edited:
My Da gives me some of his sleeping tabs.
They are low dose. It's great to be asleep within half an hour of talking them instead of being awake half the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back