Your Health Is Your Wealth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 65K
  • Watchers 9
Well. Back to the office this morning and therefore having access to a pull-up bar. Had started last week with a few 30 second hangs, and then tried a few pull ups. I knew in my heart though i was faking the form. So today tried a couple going from a complete free hang up and back down again. That stuff is different gravy. 2 sets of 2 done.

Pilates with the girls at lunch.
fucking A!

I know a lad who does insane pullups on facebook. One arm, in slow motion with the neck above the bar. The whole thing takes like ten seconds. Basically has bruce lee upper body going on. It's insane - I've known him years but only added him on there a few months back
Beast. Looking Thick. Solid. Tight.

Some of these people have incredible control over their bodies. Starts with the first step.

So a week of 30 second hangs?
Well, I won't bore you too much with the details of my current regime. But here goes. This started out after I felt like a walking jambon at the end of June. Haphazard beginning of mainly trying to eat better and begin doing some exercise.

I'm still working through this Home Workout app. Which is all bodyweight stuff. Some of the exercises look very waffly though, so I susbstitue them for something with a dumbell or kettlebell. The app exercises is the baseline daily workout. Last month I was doing a side mission of a 30 day kettlebell challenge. It involved a load of kettlebell swinging and a load of pushups. It was a good anchor to get myself motivated into doing something strict. Started with a puny 12kg bell, ended up with the 16kg feeling okay. Couple of sessions with a 24kg, because there is one in work, and it felt like i was going to die.

Anyway, that's over with now. This month's side mission is to work on pull-ups. I am taking it very slow though as they seem hard as fuck/dangerous, and we are old men. So slowly working on the back muscles with 3 sets of 30 seconds of hangs. Have been reading different recommendations online about doing passive or active hangs, so still not an exact science. Following that it is 3 sets of negatives on the pull up bar. 6 or 8 reps if i can manage it. Then a couple of actual pull ups. I think a month of this at least, with at least a days rest between them. Depending on access to a pull up bar as well.

Im thinking of doing a park run some saturday this month as well just to have a go. I used to run a lot, and i cycle to work, so i dont think i'd suffer serious consequences.

A bit of pilates once a week now in work to keep stretching. And i have started this back stretch because it popped up on the algo and it hurts like absolute fucking shit. I dunno if standing up straight is even natural, but, in for a penny.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This month's side mission is to work on pull-ups. I am taking it very slow though as they seem hard as fuck/dangerous, and we are old men. So slowly working on the back muscles with 3 sets of 30 seconds of hangs. Have been reading different recommendations online about doing passive or active hangs, so still not an exact science. Following that it is 3 sets of negatives on the pull up bar. 6 or 8 reps if i can manage it. Then a couple of actual pull ups. I think a month of this at least, with at least a days rest between them. Depending on access to a pull up bar as well.
Hand facing forward or back? I went on a chin-up kick a few years ago and injured my elbow, wasn't able to twist a door handle without pain. It's ok now, went back doing them again recently but much more carefully

Hand facing forward or back? I went on a chin-up kick a few years ago and injured my elbow, wasn't able to twist a door handle without pain. It's ok now, went back doing them again recently but much more carefully
Yeah, we got to take this stuff slowly.

I'm doing this kind of thing. *Edit* aiming to do...

Last edited:
2 things I'd really like to be able do are a 1-armed pull-up and a handstand. Have tried on and off for maybe 10 years, have pretty much given up hope now

Well. Back to the office this morning and therefore having access to a pull-up bar. Had started last week with a few 30 second hangs, and then tried a few pull ups. I knew in my heart though i was faking the form. So today tried a couple going from a complete free hang up and back down again. That stuff is different gravy. 2 sets of 2 done.

Pilates with the girls at lunch.

It's mad how few men do Pilates. Really great way to get exercise in and just generally good. Plus full of charming women, which is both a good and bad thing.

Hell of a day yesterday in hospital getting my 6 monthly meds.
Throat started to tighten so infusion was immediately stopped and I was given a dose of Adrenaline, which isn't as fun as it sounds. 15 minutes of shakes. Then had to start again which meant more pre-meds, more steroids then the actual meds at a low rate. Plus another line in the other arm with fluids.
So I thought I'd be out by 12.30 so I'd only brought a muffin and a pear. I was there til 5pm.
Took the day off today, recovering.
Jaysus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back