Your Ha'Penny Bridge stories (1 Viewer)

Beggars on Ha’penny Bridge told to leave for anniversary

image.jpg

Having worked for a few years selling tapes and keeping sketch on Sackville Bridge, that would be where all my stories are. Some good ones too. But hey, I like the Halfpenny. It's a good bridge. I preferred it before the facelift, with those little alcove bits at the end.

It's funny, you can stand in the middle of the bridge and you're not on the northside, and you're not on the southside. If you have your own around you and also possess your health, at the end of the day you'll discover that that is the most essential wealth.

Great days.

stand in the middle of the bridge and you're not on the northside, and you're not on the southside.
which reminds me... according to my da (always a fan of the slow-burn hoodwink, so pinch of salt here), the bridge over the barrow in new ross is outside both the diosceses of ferns and ossory so it was possible, back when such things mattered, to enjoy a steak dinner on the bridge on good friday without incurring the wrath of either bishop.

I once went down there with my acoustic guitar and felt like soo inspired and connected and all of a sudden unbeknownst to myself I was singing and a crowd had gathered round and it felt like more of a montage of emotional close ups than actual reality and all the other sound was blocked out for some reason and some day I will tell this to ryan tubridy and women from small towns will slide off their seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back