Your Band's Family Tree. (1 Viewer)

the strange guy said:
Bah. I knew even the Irish punk scene would be too prudish to have a RIDING family tree. The Brits and Yanks would be all over it like a passed out girl. Fuckin paddys.
It would probably be less of a tree and more of a hedge. A complicated hedge.

Yeah, well how about this?

Me -> Jake Burns cause we supported SLF when I was in the Dangerfields
Jake Burns -> Bananarama as above
Bananarama -> Fun Boy Three
FBT -> Rancid
Rancid -> Roger Miret
Roger Miret -> Freddy Madball
Therefore Me -> Freddy Madball

Which just proves that I am tougher than everyone else.

And of course from Freddy Madball I can be linked to Son of Skam, Fury of Five, etc., so don't mess with me.

the strange guy said:
There should be a family tree for RIDING. I'm sure everyone's 'practically' fucked everyone on the scene by now. The potential for irish punks running around with AIDS and babies is enormous. The only reason why I think there hasn't been an epidemic is because all the lads can't get it up or cum far too fast. I read it in the girl's jacks when I was licking the seat.

You tried this before...

Hey, fuck all that, I CAN actually link Neurosis to Scientific Bong through linking members of Doom 's links to Nailbomb and Dave Edwardson of Neurosis's involvement in Nailbomb. Duuuude!

This means we can also be linked to Sepultura -fuckin right.

we can be linked directly to sepultura due to two of their riffs being used in our songs...
well, one, and one backwards. yeah.

andy mentioned stephen doyle, who i was in a band with... we played a gig with six by seven, who've probably got a lot of links to n.m.e.-style bands...

just trying to help with the possible links here...

he was actually just talking about that that night... not shitx by seven mind, more the revolving door bassist situation.

once the dangerfields come into it, i'm related to eveyone...
but i can do enya...mickey joe harte....the guy from the addams family remake...

"so exactly how many people on this board were in bands in the 80's?"

I was in a band in Larne in 1988 called "Sometimes And The Melons".
Some members of that band went on to form Therapy. Who were good for one 7", and then turned into a big pile of wank.
So there ye go.
MotleyCrudos to Therapy in one move.

I also sold Courtney Love my red and black stripy Dennis The Menace Jumper - and her silly ole boyfriend went on to wear it all the time.
MotleyCrudos to Nirvana and Hole in one move.

I WIN.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Ok Corm but this is a bit crappy
Dagda-My Name is Satan(Glynn,Trues)
My Name is Satan-theKabinboy(Me)
And Steve Von Till stayed in Anna's when he came to Ireland to visit

Well, I reckon I can beat that one.
I used to have regular sexual intercourse with Neurosis's Drummer's ex/current girlfriend.
She was a mad oul' yoke tho.
Motleycrudos to Neurosis in one move.

bin said:
"so exactly how many people on this board were in bands in the 80's?"

It is a sad state of affairs that out of all the people I was with bands in during the 80s, I am probably the most successful musician (ie. not at all).

Conversely, of the people I have been in bands with in during the 90s, I am probably the least successful musician (ie. not at all).

bin said:
I was in a band in Larne in 1988 called "Sometimes And The Melons". Some members of that band went on to form Therapy. Who were good for one 7", and then turned into a big pile of wank.

Good for 2 demos, after that it all started to go downhill...

Chris: Despite what I said the other day, I have discovered that I do actually have some 'Losing The Battle' video on the computer. I'll see about getting it over to you somehow.

bin said:
Well, I reckon I can beat that one.
I used to have regular sexual intercourse with Neurosis's Drummer's ex/current girlfriend.
She was a mad oul' yoke tho.
Motleycrudos to Neurosis in one move.

If this is refering to whom I think it is then "mad oul' yoke" is putting it lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back