Your Band's Family Tree. (1 Viewer)

My Remorse to Thin Lizzy (I played with a guy in dublin who has played with Thin Lizzy live, unreal guitar player)
My Remorse to Joe Satriani (same guy jammed with him in a guitar shop once)
My Remorse to U2 (finny recording our ep, works with Denis Herilhy, who worked for U2)
My Remorse to Justin Timberlake (rob ate too many Big Mac Meals, McDonalds now endorse JT)

Corm said:
Check this out, its hilarious. Find ways to link your band to other (better) bands in rediculous ways! Wait for it...wait for it...presenting:

ANTI-HERO AS 8th COUSINS TO DOOM!!

Anti-Hero - Nerdlinger (thru me, Eoin, Donal, Conor).
Nerdlinger - Scientific Bong (thru me, Eoin, Donal).
Scientific Bong - Easpa Measa (thru Damo).
Easpa Measa - The Dagda (thru Lyncher).
The Dagda - My Name Is Satan (thru Glyn, Trues).
My Name Is Satan - Losing The Battle (thru Chris Black).
Losing The Battle - The Devils (thru Ewan).
The Devils - Doom (thru Bri & Stick).

I think I can shave off a couple of stages there for you:

The Dagda -> Sore Throat (via Crispo)
Sore Throat -> Doom.

Duder! Are you shittin' me? Wow, linked to Sore Throat too. I didn't know Crispo ever played for 'em.

Can anyone link us to Fleetwood Mac, The Beach Boys or Neurosis?

Corm said:
Duder! Are you shittin' me? Wow, linked to Sore Throat too. I didn't know Crispo ever played for 'em.

He drummed for them on one tour, I believe, whether he was actually a card carrying member, I do not know.

Corm said:

You really do not want to be linked to Fleetwood Mac. I know that the first couple of LPs are incredible, but once Jeremy Spencer and Peter Geen leave it all goes pear-shaped. Once you are linked to early Fleetwood Mac you are inextricably linked to mid and late period Fleetwood Mac, and you really, really do not want that.

Corm said:
No way man. Anything's worth it for the good stuff -Rumours, Tango In the Night...that's just good shit.

No. You are both wrong and insane.

What you need are the LPs "The Pious Bird Of Good Omen" & "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac".

The fact that Jeremy Spencer is stealing not only riffs and slide guitar tricks from Elmore James, but is also trying to take writing credits on his songs is beside the point. Compare "Dust My Broom" by Elmore James with "I Believe My Time Ain't Long" by Spencer. Note for note, word for word. Shocking.

Death To False Fleetwood Mac!

Whatever, I like what I like. Although you're perfectly welcome to play those to me sometime in order to show me the (non) error of my ways.
Most notable Fleetwood Mac moment: "Never Coming Back Again" from Rumours playing, seemingly a million times over, as I descended into negative mushroom trip madness, staring at a massive poster of the cover of Iron Maiden - Powerslave. I can't really listen to that song anymore without going "Uhnggg....uhhnnnggg....UUHHHNNGGGG!!!".

tom my delight, I can sort of link SERPENTS to SWANS in 3

Serpents=Willie - Willie is also in ESTEL
ESTEL played in Limerick last year where they were supported by MICHAEL GIRA
M. GIRA was the chief member of SWANS

imagine how chuffed I was with that.

Corm said:
Duder! Are you shittin' me? Wow, linked to Sore Throat too. I didn't know Crispo ever played for 'em

Ok Corm but this is a bit crappy
Dagda-My Name is Satan(Glynn,Trues)
My Name is Satan-theKabinboy(Me)
And Steve Von Till stayed in Anna's when he came to Ireland to visit

Corm said:
Duder! Are you shittin' me? Wow, linked to Sore Throat too. I didn't know Crispo ever played for 'em. QUOTE]
Didnt he play for them when they played ireland with Pleasant Valley Children?

Corm said:

Well, here are a couple of possibilities:

Dagda -> FUAL (via Crispo)
FUAL -> an early 80s band I don't know the name of (via Petesy)
unknown band -> Death Cult/Southern Death Cult/The Cult (via Ian Astbury who lived in Belfast at the end of the 70s and played in a couple of bands then)

Once we have Ian Astbury in the equation we can go from there to Ray Manzerak via Astbury singing for "The Doors Of The 21st Century".

Someone should be able to dig up Ray Manzerak/Jim Morrison connection to the Beach Boys with a bit of work.

(Paul McCartney appears on the track 'Vegetables' on the Beach Boys 'Smiley Smile' LP eating carrots, which gives another line of attack here)

mac warzonescum said:
(Paul McCartney appears on the track 'Vegetables' on the Beach Boys 'Smiley Smile' LP eating carrots, which gives another line of attack here)

well there you have it corm - just use the damien -> muddled -> coldspoon conspiracy -> beatles connection and you're there!

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back