Young Team (1 Viewer)

Charlie Bucket

B0000058SE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

can't believe this is a decade old!! dug it out last night:)

they've always had consistently terrible album sleeves tho!

i recorded the start of the second song (or end of the first?) and played it backwards once to see what the backwards speech was. it was one of the lads going on about how a girl wouldn't suck his cock because he had loads of knob cheese. yuck.

er, great album though. haven't listened to it in ages either.

i recorded the start (or end of the first?) song and played it backwards once to see what the backwards speech was. it was one of the lads going on about how a girl wouldn't suck his cock because he had loads of knob cheese. yuck.

fuckin neds! i must do this reverse later on with wavelab!! the beginning of that song was a drunk friend of theirs reading out a review of one of their singles from a scandinavian(spell) newspaper, i think?

young team - possibly an album they never bettered?

11010.jpg

has some great moments - like the heartmelting "helicon 1"

i went off them after CODY but then saw that "take me somewhere nice" documentary at the doclands fest in the tbmc in 2001 and realized how much i loved their early tunes. saw em live last year for the first time in a few years and they are probably of of the best live bands - they totally deliver.|..|

"Yes i am a long way from home" is one of my all time favourite songs (probably bettered only by "Burn Girl Prom Queen"). I saw them twice and they didn't play it, i missed them twice and they opened with it both times. Fuxache.

Yeah dont think theyve matched Young Team,
but theyve still had a few cracking(as good or better) tunes on each album/Ep since.

Have to disagree with Rock Action being up there though,
much prefer Happy Songs..., but make a compilation of the two and everyones a winner :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back