You mean we can't feed our kids.... (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Because I have no idea where else to put it. Note: I'm not being racist because I know there must have been white people too but they're just are not in the clip.

Maybe it's just because I lived in this city for 5/6 years but I'm still laughing at this clip. THIS IS NEWS. Seriously. People wonder why Americans in smaller cities don't know what's going on in the world.... this is why.

Breaking news story.....Where da chicken at?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

picture.php

I was given a Popeye's Chicken going away party from a job once.
Chicken 'n biscuits.
The blacks of America know what's going down.

Ah right, it's an awkward situation because he's supporting the other team?
It just looks like he's saying he's "stuck in an awkward situation" because there are black people all around him having fun. Maybe I'm the racist. The fried chicken doesn't come into it.

I wasn't arguing that it is racist. It just isn't that clear to a non-Australian, non-Cricket fan that he's a lone supporter of his team in an opposition crowd. If it were a football match and he were wearing a blue jersey and all the supporters around him were wearing red it would be a much clearer message, and race wouldn't even vaguely enter the equation.

Presumably Australia are / were playing the West Indies around the time of the ad, and your average Australian, being the target audience, would be aware of that. It's not really aimed at people on the other side of the world who wouldn't immediately know the context.

Much like

Are_you_right_there_father_ted.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back