Yes I am your God. (1 Viewer)

I never understand why those guys have so many speakers. What the hell do they think the PA is for?

I never understand why those guys have so many speakers. What the hell do they think the PA is for?
ehhh...probably for the audience. these cats play on big stages in huge loud stadiums (or at least they did), they need those stacks to monitor their guitar sound.

Listen,

Go give about metallers somewhere else.You will get no love here.

Watch this video and reflect on it,paying particular to attention to the line reffering to enemies of metal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thought they had 'Monitors' for that.
well i'll admit that they're prolly just as much for 'show' as they are for monitoring...hell, maybe they're 100% for show, what the fuck do i know? i just always assumed they weren't...and that the monitors in front of guitar players were mostly for vocals, drums, bass, and keys.

well i'll admit that they're prolly just as much for 'show' as they are for monitoring...hell, maybe they're 100% for show, what the fuck do i know? i just always assumed they weren't...and that the monitors in front of guitar players were mostly for vocals, drums, bass, and keys.
they can get guitars through monitors too ye know!
it is mostly for show, helps having a big stack or two when the PA is shite.
though if the monitors arent loud enough ye need to turn down the stack(s) - boo!!!

they can get guitars through monitors too ye know!
it is mostly for show, helps having a big stack or two when the PA is shite.
though if the monitors arent loud enough ye need to turn down the stack(s) - boo!!!
yeah, but why would the fucking guitar player want fucking guitar in his fucking monitor if he has a fucking stack of fucking marshalls behind him?
you following me, Ernie? :)

yeah, but why would the fucking guitar player want fucking guitar in his fucking monitor if he has a fucking stack of fucking marshalls behind him?

because, the fucking stack might be way fucking louder than the fucking monitors so it drowns out the other fucking instruments coming through it? so often, the fucking guitar player may have to lower the dB of the fucking stack so to hear the monitors fucking properly but may want a bit of his sound through the fucking monitors too incase the fucking stack isn't loud enough behind him.also, if a guitar amp(s) is/are too loud and the venue PA isnt capable of bringing up the rest of the bands stuff through the PA (FOH & monitor mix) to match it, it (stack(s)) will need to be turned down, tyherefore eliminating the need for multiple stacks in the first place.fucking.shazam.

because, the fucking stack might be way fucking louder than the fucking monitors so it drowns out the other fucking instruments coming through it? so often, the fucking guitar player may have to lower the dB of the fucking stack so to hear the monitors fucking properly but may want a bit of his sound through the fucking monitors too incase the fucking stack isn't loud enough behind him.also, if a guitar amp(s) is/are too loud and the venue PA isnt capable of bringing up the rest of the bands stuff through the PA (FOH & monitor mix) to match it, it (stack(s)) will need to be turned down, tyherefore eliminating the need for multiple stacks in the first place.fucking.shazam.
and we're back to the fucking start. it's all a fucking show.
marshallstack.jpg

Once you play through a stack like that there's no going back.

as an aside I see 3" of blood are playing here soon. Not sure if this'll lock up the thread or not.

Once you play through a stack like that there's no going back.

as an aside I see 3" of blood are playing here soon. Not sure if this'll lock up the thread or not.

Nope H(dublinmetalevents.com) is doing that gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back