www.whelanslive.com presents THE JIMMY CAKE, Whelan's, March 20th (1 Viewer)

whelanslive

www.whelanslive.com presents THE JIMMY CAKE, Whelan's, March 20th

www.whelanslive.com presents
THE JIMMY CAKE
plus special guests Sea Dog & Patrick Kelleher

Saturday 20th March, 7:30pm
Whelan’s, 25 Wexford St, Dublin 2
Tickets €12 (ex booking fee) available from www.tickets.ie, Ticketmaster outlets nationwide, WaV Tickets [lo-call 1890 200 078], City Discs and Road Records.

Whelanslive.com are proud to celebrate 10 years of instrumental rock gurus THE JIMMY CAKE on Saturday 20th March. Currently in preparation for a new album due this summer they play home from home Whelan’s of Wexford Street where the new material will get another airing before finally being committed to disk. Tickets are €12 (ex booking fee) available from tickets.ie, Ticketmaster & WAV [lo-call 1890 200 078].

Formed in 2000 from the simmering ashes of the recently defunct Das Madman, the Jimmy Cake were only initially to play a one off show in Eamonn Dorans. But people kept coming, and the music kept getting louder.

Following on from 2008s critically acclaimed Spectre and Crown, The Jimmy Cake have a new set and a new sound. Reduced from a cast of hundreds to a slimmed down six piece, we find the Jimmy Cake’s music equally stripped back: where once there were strings, accordion and tubas there is now the esoteric appeal of the vintage synths and tightly coiled, pounding rhythms. Guitars are back, and they mean to do some business. Headlifting, powerful, hypnotic, the Jimmy Cake have embraced change once more, and, it’s with this feckless bravado in mind that they embark on their latest adventure. In 2009 they have played to a full Meeting House Sq at the DEAF fundraiser and on the Crosby Stage at Electric Picnic. Expect a new album this summer.

The Jimmy Cake are:
Lisa Carey, Dip, Parx, Vincent Dermody, John Dermody, Patrick Kelleher and Paul G. Smyth

www.thejimmycake.org
www.myspace.com/deadseadogs
www.myspace.com/patrickkelleher

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

doors at 7.30 for this, so that Seadog and Patrick Kelleher get to do a show. early doors.

TOMORROW NIGHT!
Tickets available from WaV LO CALL 1890 200 078 , City Discs, Road Records, tickets.ie & Ticketmaster

Cool and can I bring my camera? I got a huge new flash that I'm dying to try out.

Approx

Doors 7.30pm
Patrick Kelleher 7.45pm
Sea Dog 8.25pm
The Jimmy Cake 9.15pm

Tickets 12 bucks available on the door

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back