Worst Irish Punk Band Ever (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommytrousers said:
...I kid you not that was his modus operandi back in the day with whatever other gobshite bands he was hawking around...

I think this is the first time in my entire life I have encountered a sentence featuring both the term "modus operandi" and the word "gobshite" in it. A truly rare occurence. Is latin the new crust?

mac warzonescum said:
I think this is the first time in my entire life I have encountered a sentence featuring both the term "modus operandi" and the word "gobshite" in it. A truly rare occurence. Is latin the new crust?
yeah I do a law module in college so I've got locus standi to pull that sorta shit!

whoever it is on here who got scols in Trinity and the Strange Guy have the same rights of course!

Mixtwitch are the worst again - official.
Just heard their latest stuff, they are now a full blown emo band.

I remember during one practice we were in the room beside them and one of them had the new AFI cd, played a bit and went "like that" and the guitarist did a bit like that, then played another bit from another song and so on.

weren't you doing the same thing with misfits songs? :)

um.....k....im new here so dont kill me...i just noticed this thread.no matter if ya hate onoff or not.the guys have a huge following,playing big shows and probably will go even further...as much as this annoys ya but they must be doin something right!!!!i personaly like them...i think there new stuff is sounding good,they are constantly progressing and put on good shows for people who wana have fun...so what ya think?

Ger_mute said:
um.....k....im new here so dont kill me...i just noticed this thread.no matter if ya hate onoff or not.the guys have a huge following,playing big shows and probably will go even further...as much as this annoys ya but they must be doin something right!!!!i personaly like them...i think there new stuff is sounding good,they are constantly progressing and put on good shows for people who wana have fun...so what ya think?
are you from the band or there street-team??? anyway westlife have a huge following, play big shows, doesn't stop them being an abomination does it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger_mute

Short troursers are ok if you live in Southern California. On/off are the worst band ever to associate themselves with the word punk in Ireland's history officially cause I say so and cause I started the thread. Go me as on/off would say.

xsteox
are you from the band or there street-team??? anyway westlife have a huge following, play big shows, doesn't stop them being an abomination does it???

no im in a band called mute.Played with onoff once and was impressed.thats all....i thought the whole point of a thread was to veiw peoples opinions on the matter.thats just my opinion and im stickin to it.im sure theres many an onoff fan out there willing to put the people who knock onoff in there place.but hey everyone one is entitled.i do agree with the westlife thing..lol....i can see where your coming from with the california thing guys but jesus EVERY fucker into punk does it.but thing is onoff are on a roll and will continue to do so....DEAL WITH IT!

Ger_mute said:
um.....k....im new here so dont kill me...i just noticed this thread.no matter if ya hate onoff or not.the guys have a huge following,playing big shows and probably will go even further...as much as this annoys ya but they must be doin something right!!!!

....i can see where your coming from with the california thing guys but jesus EVERY fucker into punk does it.but thing is onoff are on a roll and will continue to do so....DEAL WITH IT!
So what you were initially saying was Popularity=Good?
And now you're saying all punk bands sound like they're from California?

Wow, you know what you're talking about,don't you.

no..what i meant was...the shorts idea...you dont gotta be from california to wear shorts!!!i do know what im talkin bout...make a good point will ya!!that was POINTLESS

Ger_mute said:
no..what i meant was...the shorts idea...you dont gotta be from california to wear shorts!!!i do know what im talkin bout...make a good point will ya!!that was POINTLESS
The point is if you have a decent working knowledge of punk/hc you'll know that there are various different "sounds" specific to certain areas.A band from, say the Uk,take for example Citizen Fish, don't sound anything like for example a New Found Glory, who in turn sound nothing at all like,I dunnoo.. say Refused.

If you know what you're talking about cool,perhaps just explain it better.
also, the poularity thing you say they have a huge following,so they "must be doing something right".They are.They're selling themselves excellently.This has no reflection on the quality of their music, just the ability of them to sell a product and market themselves.I don't see you rushing to defend their songwriting capabilties.Britney Spears sells millions of records, should I like her?

Pointless,am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back