Worst ever gig... (3 Viewers)

Lolo

Since 2000
Website
www.facebook.com
... or most disappointing.

I know it's my own fault for going to see 60s icons who had no business to be touring in the 90s, but my worst ever live experience has to be the Kinks in the National Stadium in 1993. The first 10 minutes was just Ray Davies and an acoustic guitar, pleasant enough singalong stuff, then the full band came on and ruined all of my favourite songs, turning them into horrible stadium rock dirges. I couldn't listen to any of their records for years afterwards (no exaggeration), but I've gradually erased the experience from my mind and now have even recovered enough to quote them in my sig.

As I said, only myself to blame, but funnily enough it still hasn't stopped me from going to see people who are 30 years past their prime - sometimes it workks, as with Arthur Lee, sometimes it goes horribly wrong.

you could delete the thread by editing the first entry and choosing delete at the top. then stick your grievance into the other thread?

I haven't been to enough gigs to have a worst or best one yet...

I did see Mercury Rev in the Mean "kiddy" Fiddler a few years back... I had five tequilas and a feed of pints beforehand in Maynooth and then went to the gig on my own...
They played "Cortez the Killer" as an encore....

which was nice...

Man or Astro Man, in TBMC was quite bad, the sound was soooo bad that I spent the entire gig trying to figure out what songs the were, I only picked out about 3, and I'm a big fan (or was at least).

The Worst I think was that experimental band from america that played in Isaac Butt with the Estel I think. They certainly played in Limerick with the Rednecks the day after but their name avaids me, any help?

Too many to mention, sadly
The billion awful gigs Mercury Rev chugged out circa Deserters Songs, the many many awful gigs the Super Furries played round MWNG time before they got good again, Malkmus in the Ambassador, Clinic at Witnness last year (but that might have been just me, so low was my blood sugar, so high was my temper) that fucking awful, AWFUL band with Pete Voss in them that I accidentally saw at Reading one year, oh, the Cult at Reading last year - hrm...except that was actually quite funny. Owls in the Temple were excerable and very very boring, and gajillions more.

Originally posted by sparse-icus
Man or Astro Man, in TBMC was quite bad, the sound was soooo bad that I spent the entire gig trying to figure out what songs the were, I only picked out about 3, and I'm a big fan (or was at least).

I quite enjoyed that gig. At the time I didn't know very many of the tunes. The sound was brutal but the visuals and the sheer showmanship of the band made fairly rocking I thought + Zen Guerilla absolutely .|..| ed!

Originally posted by Unclealo

I quite enjoyed that gig. At the time I didn't know very many of the tunes. The sound was brutal but the visuals and the sheer showmanship of the band made fairly rocking I thought + Zen Guerilla absolutely .|..| ed!

It was just the disappointment of the sound, the worst I've heard to date in the music cente and that's sayin a lot, visually it was very good but my expectations were higher.

jesus, the owls was one of the best gigs ever kirstie and we both know i'm *much* better at music than you so you must be wrong.

for me, worst gig ever is always daemein frost.

after that, i'd say, without a single shred of doubt in my mind whatsoever, mogwai. worst band in the world ever. so fucking shit. shit shit shit.

best gig ever will be bellini in the autumn some time. i got to hear 3 songs the other day, fucking amazing. as in really fucking amazing.

Sonic Youth at ATP

oh god, yes, that was atrociously dull. i was all bouncy and excited after seeing shellac, ran up the stairs to the upstairs venue, and nearly ran back down again shortly afterwards.

Hood in the Funnel.

I don't think it was there fault as such but they were shit nervous because of mistakes and techy problems, sound was shit and they just played to get the gig over with and it showed.

The Wailers at Olimpia's last year, 25th anniversary of Bob's death.

Postponed a trip to Italy to see the gig and they were playing as they weren't paid enough. The singer was a cunt too... !bog

Nice the supporters King Sativa though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back