Worst Bus for Smoking and Drinking (1 Viewer)

moses?i amn't said:
anyone ever get on the bus only to find on its route it takes a wrong turn and when you get off it has a different number on it. it almost like the langoliers....almost.

Got on a bus one time, driver get us lost up in an industrial estate, exits throught another entrance, tells everybody to get off cause he has to go somewhere else, bastard!

i was on the bus yesterday and a women and her kid got on. before the kid even sat down he had gotten a severe belt acrooss the back of the legs.then coz he had his feet up he got another savage belt and finally for good measure after the kid FELL OVER the mother decided to smack the child once more.i know its not just a bus thing but to see it anywhere just is
horrible uuurrrgghh and its not like you can say something to them because
if they do that to their own child who knows what they'll do to you.

I feel sick. Public trasport wasn't this back when I used to get it, was it? And i was a regular on the 27a / 27. Worst i saw was when we had to pull over and the driver got the cops because there was kids on who didnt pay. Fucking pissed me off, missed my next bus.

Luas has started going downhill too. Yesterday I saw my first "out of service" tram pass a crowded station. It's almost understandable with de buses but this thing was on it's way into town, away from the terminus!

Napalm said:
Gotta be any 77/50/56a/ Double Decker heading towards Tallaght on a friday evening going from town.

Relate your stories from the 'other southside ( Dun Laoghaire etc: ) ' or the northside.
got the 77 N to my mates gaff a few years back, got bottle thrown at me... by knackers smoking at the back, i was smoking also... grabbed the bottle, which didn't break, turned around and they shut it... it was great.

try the 67N, it's a fucking joke

moses?i amn't said:
anyone ever get on the bus only to find on its route it takes a wrong turn and when you get off it has a different number on it. it almost like the langoliers....almost.
once i was on a 14a which tried to be a 14, and the second it deviated from the 14a route some guy was up at the driver going 'where are you going?!? this is a 14 A!'

and that is officially the most exciting thing that's ever happened on a bus i've been on, including nitelinks.

selephonic said:
Luas has started going downhill too. QUOTE]

It always did go downhill. Arf Arf Arf.

But seriously, its only a matter of time before LUAS becomes a shit hole. I wonder which line will be dirtier?

Reminds me of the best quote I heard about the LUAS so far:

(guy on RTE news, on the LUAS's first day and what he thought of it)

'Well Its very clean!'

What an idiot.

Wavioli said:
Reminds me of the best quote I heard about the LUAS so far:
(guy on RTE news, on the LUAS's first day and what he thought of it)
'Well Its very clean!' What an idiot.
he has been dealt with

Napalm said:
Gotta be any 77/50/56a/ Double Decker heading towards Tallaght on a friday evening going from town.
I was quite shocked at the behaviour deemed acceptable the first time I got on a 77. smoking, drinking, smoking doobie and whacking the shit out of your kids all seems to be fairly normal on that bus.

I have never been brave enough to sit upstairs on that route.

hop said:
story me uncle told me: he was on this bus years ago and a person of small stature shall we say (midget) gets on. Anyway this youngfella gets out of his seat up the front for your man to sit down and just gets a bollocking for his trouble 'i don't need your fuckin charity' type thing. This ould wan says 'i hope when you get home snow white puts some manners on ye'

love that story :)
good one :eek:

some midgets/dwarves are awful bitter pricks

buses do indeed..suck ass.ive seen funny things on buses - including :
- some dude projectile vomiting onto the back of some girl's head
- some dudes threatening me out of the back seat (good times)
- a guy hoying his unfinished symphony of a spliff across the bus in rage
- dealing of yokes being carried out from inside the bus to outside the bus
- some gypo whacking off
- a complete pyscho having an argument with the entire bus about to open or not to open the windows.
- sitting beside a man who both smelled of and looked like piss & shit..there was filth all over his head and neck and he kept falling on me. when I decided enough was enough and it was time for me to walk the rest of my journey...he would not allow me to get passed him. I received looks of "sorry for ya" from everyone on the bus as I dived over the seat in front.

In conclusion...fuck dublin bus and indeed every public transport system.

Ah the 27 to and from Coolock. Every trip an adventure. I too have witnessed the drug dealing and kid beating. Some of my fave incidents include...

-Skank with can of Dutch Gold and spliff balancing a 4 year old on her lap.

-Northside playa pimps/slags discussing various stories of drug taking/selling at top of their voices for all to hear.

-Junkie couples fighting with eachother. Both will have bright red skin, squinted eyes and walk like something out of Resident Evil.

-Jippo struggling to carry his kid off bus and then REALLY banging the poor sods head off a bar as he made his way down the stairs. As a result of this he then threatened to punch the driver for some reason.

I got so sick of all this stuff that I got in touch with Dublin Bus. To my surprise I got a reply claiming they had loads of undercover dudes on the likes of the 27s and that they had convicted a fair amount of people to date. Forget about arming guys on planes, give all the normal Dublin Bus passangers a cattle prod with their ticket.

Johnnyc said:
Ah the 27 to and from Coolock. Every trip an adventure. I too have witnessed the drug dealing and kid beating. Some of my fave incidents include...

-Skank with can of Dutch Gold and spliff balancing a 4 year old on her lap.
hey now, that's my bus:mad: i love the 27, i feel right at home and there's no need to call me a skank (i was just having a bad day;) )

thought the 38 was bad, mebbee not after all, it's just the route it takes (past shooters and slashers - the brookwood inn and the shanty)

mind you, was getting the 39 home one day at 5 in the evening, only seats available were at the back upstairs, some builder guy beside me skins up and starts puffing away... now if it had been a ciggy, i'd have complained like, but he was very mannerly about it.
scabby fuck didn't pass it on, buh.

There's always someone smokin hash at the back of the 39 - any time of day. One time I was coming home from town and these 14/15 year old scumbags down the back started throwing bottles and stuff at people. Someone told the driver and he stopped on the Navan road and called the Gards so they legged it. Then when the bus was pulling off one of them threw a f*ckin branch through the window behind me .. completely shattered the window and left some poor fella with a head full of glass. I'm just glad I wasn't sitting one seat back.

The 39 Nitelink is like a riot on wheels. Insanity.

Conversely, got the 70N home one saturday night & some castleknock idiot youngwan started smoking upstairs & everyone gave her shit over it the whole way up the navan road.

We're a respectable lot on the 70 route.

lmd64 said:
thought the 38 was bad, mebbee not after all, it's just the route it takes (past shooters and slashers - the brookwood inn and the shanty)

mind you, was getting the 39 home one day at 5 in the evening, only seats available were at the back upstairs, some builder guy beside me skins up and starts puffing away... now if it had been a ciggy, i'd have complained like, but he was very mannerly about it.
scabby fuck didn't pass it on, buh.

The 38 is bad! I used to have to get it early every morning in my, loike, college days. There'd be people smoking joints (usually builders) at 7.30 in the morning... what the fuck... these guys organise demonstrations about site safety, then get up on scaffolding stoned out of their brains at 8am??!!

Also, I used to get the 15 home from work, which is usually one of the safest busses around. Stupidly I sat down the back upstairs (the dude on the other side looked alright). Two stops later these two total scobies get on. One seemed decent enough and sat up the bus a bit and started telling the dude that sat beside me that he sould "wait 'til they got back to the gaff"... then the other charmer professed to the bus that he "didn't give a bleedin' shoit wha any a deese bleedin spas thought.." and produced the tin-foil... this is after the fucker practically sat on me to squeez onto the back seat.

So naturally I got up and pressed the bell, acting like I needed to get off... I was half way down the stairs when everyone sitting down the back of the bus did the same thing. The bus was jammed and there was a queue of people going all the way up the stairs that didn't need to get off, just desperately trying to get away from the guy.. it must have looked so fucking obvious, I'd say it must have been the best day of his life.... finally some power over people in employment... I'm unemployed now though... hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back