Worms ?????? (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

Has anyone actually had them?
not the Maria Calais tapeworm things but proper Irish mammy "if you eat too much sugar you get worms" worms

Apparently if you were fidgeting around in yr seat when my granny was alive she would always proclaim that you had worms. Are you being particularly fidgety whathappen?

There is basically no harm at all in having worms.
In fact study after study has proven that it might be a good thing.
Here's today's http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4091881.stm

Your immune system is meant to be fighting parasites. If it doesnt, it gets restless, and can cause auto immune problems.

Worms are "cold" blooded, they do not need food to stay warm, so they use almost no energy to run. If anyone has had fish they will know how little they eat. They survive on almost nothing, so, having a couple of worms in you is not going to affect anyone with anything resembling a normal diet.

We horse plate fulls of food into ourselves all the time, the worms would live easily off what we leave on the plates when we are finished.

I've half a mind to start a worm appreciation thread.

You can get worms from steak or swordfish, apparently.

One of my cats had worms once and liked to scratch his hole on the carpet. Have you started doing that yet? It's a sure sign.

squat over a warm bowl of milk, wait for the bugger to stick his head out for a sip and then wrrrrench it from your aching hole!!

one of my favourite Irish legend thingys

The Vision of Mac Con Glinne

At about the time that Cathal king of Munster was possessed by a demon of gluttony a scholar called Ainier Mac Con Glinne decided to take up poetry and headed off to the royal court.
He arrived at the guesthouse of Cork Monastery, and soon pissed off Abbot Manchin by satirising his crappy hospitality, who therefore ordered him to be stripped, beaten, thrown in the river Lee then left naked overnight in the guesthouse. In the morning they prepared to crucify him (harsh or what?) but he stalled for time by eating his viaticum one molecule at a time until it got so late they left him tied naked to a pillar overnight, intending to nail some sense into him in the morning. That night an angel appeared to him and revealed a vision.

In the morning Mac Con Glinne explained to the monks his vision (a sort of dark age Irish version of "Food, Glorious Food") and told them that he could cure King Cathal's eating disorder in return for his freedom and Manchin's cloak, to which the Abbot reluctantly agreed.
The cure consisted of tying the king to a wall and taunting him for 2 days with piles of luscious food and epicurial tales, until the demon within could stand it no longer and jumped out of the king's mouth to grab some grub. Eventually it was driven off, and Cathal made Mac Con Glinne a wealthy man.
Moral: Bondage works.

Other than the feeling that there's a trampoline party on your arse and none of the little bastards have taken their shoes off?

I suppose if shit gets out of hand, you might want to flush the fuckers out. And take a tablet or two.

Seriously though, the occasional bout of worms is an awful lot better than having Multiple Sclerosis.
Or Lupus. Or Crohn's.
Or any of those hideous diseases.

A fucking whole lot better.

Seriously, have a look at the rate of incidence of any autoimmune disease in any western country, and then compare it to an African country say. Or India or something.
Even though Lupus is more common in black woman, its more common in the US than Africa.

edit, here's a list of some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_autoimmune_diseases

So what you're saying flashback is that worms prevents Aids.. interesting. But does it prevent bad aids?

What I am saying is if your ma has MS, and her own immune system more or less completely ruined her, and it might all have never happened if had a couple of more or less harmless parasites living in her once or twice throughout her life, that she might be totally grand now if people had done some very simple research in time, that that would suck.

Thats basically what I am saying.

your friends are dirty savages, the lot of them

23202848.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back