World Cup 2018/2022 hosts (1 Viewer)

Richie

Russia and Qatar.. 2 countries with an awful lot of logistical issues, particularly Qatar. I wonder how many palms were greased to get those through? England knocked out in the first round, apparently.

as someone living and paying taxes in London, this is fucking great news. FIFA choosing Russia and Qatar - how perfect, two places where you don't have to pay taxes anyway.

The real losers here are the thousands of migrant workers who'll be expected to build stadia in the desert for slave wages.

Qatar wold cup will be an absolute farce it's average temperature during june and july is 41 degrees. and it can go as high as 50 how are you supposed to play in that. Those slaves better build some stadiums with roofs and air conditioning.

Yes and FIFA are cheeky cunts for even pretending there's some sort of philanthropic or 'peoples' aspect to the World Cup when they award it to Qatar. Qatar! They might as well have it on the moon.

Also - Prince Wills, fuck off!

hold on lads, the qatari sumission was pretty sophisticated. all the stadia are air conditioned, which will be run by solar panalling. inside they'll be mild etc. after the world cup the stadia are then dismantled and remantled in less fortunate countries. free stadia for all! as for logistics, i think the 12 stadiums will be within walking distance or some such. the "average" punter will get to see 3 games a day, assuming he's minted. there will be designated areas for boozing, but hey, maybe less booze is a good thing, and finally women can still be stoned to death and homosexuality is ilegal. oh, and isreal better not qualify, but apart from that...

poor england, eh? their own media hates team england, fucking them over at every turn. from john terry's pecker peccadilloes to outing some corrupt fifa cunts mere days before the big gig. they really love to fail.

hold on lads, the qatari sumission was pretty sophisticated. all the stadia are air conditioned, which will be run by solar panalling. inside they'll be mild etc. after the world cup the stadia are then dismantled and remantled in less fortunate countries. free stadia for all! as for logistics, i think the 12 stadiums will be within walking distance or some such. the "average" punter will get to see 3 games a day, assuming he's minted. there will be designated areas for boozing, but hey, maybe less booze is a good thing, and finally women can still be stoned to death and homosexuality is ilegal. oh, and isreal better not qualify, but apart from that...

poor england, eh? their own media hates team england, fucking them over at every turn. from john terry's pecker peccadilloes to outing some corrupt fifa cunts mere days before the big gig. they really love to fail.

Okay the stadia sounds good, booze will be about €50 a can women gays an gingers should just not bother going and that's pretty much our midfield at the moment. Badddum tish.

maps.jpg

not so bad i guess,they should have nominated vladivostock for the crack.

The whole stadium technology is cool and all that inside, but what Geoff from Wakefield, the average punter who doesn't have a ticket but wants to drink outside and soak up the atmosphere? He'll die of heat exhaustion!

Well, I for one am shocked, because as far as I was concerned England had "the best technical bid".

Their presentation was obviously superior too, it was so moving to see that fellow from Moss Side speak alongside the Old Etonian, the future King and the millionaire footballer, neatly demonstrating how class-obsessed the English... aren't.

hold on lads, england have to qualify before they can't start moaning about it. maybe they're just getting their excuses in 8 years early. "didn't want to go to the world cup anyway, it's in a shit country".

yeah right, team fucking england, YEAH RIGHT.

Well, I for one am shocked, because as far as I was concerned England had "the best technical bid".

Their presentation was obviously superior too, it was so moving to see that fellow from Moss Side speak alongside the Old Etonian, the future King and the millionaire footballer, neatly demonstrating how class-obsessed the English... aren't.

The technical stength and actual feasibility of the bids seemingly barely come into it at all, England came top of both the technical and economic reports, had the best presentation then got 2 votes out of 22 because they hadn't made enough friends (or had made too many enemies) on the panel. USA came top of the technical assessment but got well beaten by Qatar which was the only bid marked as 'high risk' in FIFA's own report.. It's all internal politics, favours and back scratching, depressing stuff really. I look forward to hundreds of thousands of foreign infidels wandering around Doha in 45 degree heat searching in vain for the non-existant pubs!

The whole thing is a joke. Depressing stuff. The Qatar World Cup will be terrible. June in the desert, fab.
Also, those stadiums are ridiculous. Seems like you need to draw pictures of spaceships to host tournaments nowadays.

Inspired by traditional Arab tents, etc.

If Ireland is ever to host anything (sometime in the distant future when everything's okay), we'll have to have stuff like:
- a really skinny, lightweight stadium in Galway that echoes the starvation of the famine years. A football team can actually lift the structure if they're very good.
- A rouny pot-like edifice in Dublin that looks like a traditional coddle vessel. The floodlights are shaped like sausages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back