working out your notice (3 Viewers)

My cousin did what I can only discribe as a cunt of a thing.

She started in a new job, was working there for a week and a half when she decided to hand in her notice for two weeks time to start in a new place. Right before she went to hand it in, she heard her boss on the phone to some one saying "Im so glad I highered her, shes a grand girl, I can leave her in charge now and I can spend so much more time at home with the children".

Her boss has two autistic children.

My cousin did what I can only discribe as a cunt of a thing.

She started in a new job, was working there for a week and a half when she decided to hand in her notice for two weeks time to start in a new place. Right before she went to hand it in, she heard her boss on the phone to some one saying "Im so glad I highered her, shes a grand girl, I can leave her in charge now and I can spend so much more time at home with the children".

Her boss has two autistic children.
That's not cuntish at all. Not her problem - after a week and a half he was going to leave her to do all the work while he concentrated on his personal life - autistic kids or not, that's a cuntish thing to do to someone new in a job.

I remember a row over a 'uniform deposit' when I left Pizza Hut. The manager didn't want to give me the £10 deposit I had had to put down on the uniform they gave me (presumably so i wouldn't do a runner and start wearing the uniform out to night clubs). He said I'd wrecked the clothes, presumably while I was scrubbing their floors and waiting their tables.

I remember a row over a 'uniform deposit' when I left Pizza Hut. The manager didn't want to give me the £10 deposit I had had to put down on the uniform they gave me (presumably so i wouldn't do a runner and start wearing the uniform out to night clubs). He said I'd wrecked the clothes, presumably while I was scrubbing their floors and waiting their tables.

i thought that polo shirt you wore to the instore on sat was familiar.

handed in my notice a couple of weeks back. now just plodding along until the start of next month. i can honestly say ive done about 30 minutes of work today, spent most of today watching planes landing in dodgy crosswinds at the old hong kong airport on youtube.

spent most of today watching planes landing in dodgy crosswinds at the old hong kong airport on youtube.

ha! i used to have to do that twice a year as a kid. the smell would hit you first - followed by a glimpse into someone's kitchen window as you descended into kai tak.

this thread has made me excited to hand in my notice, btw.

wow that is exciting!best of luck snakybus!what happens to groom while yr away? (she asks selfishly)

Not selfish at all Rachel. :) We will play some gigs in France and around and about if all goes well...yeah, we're working on that one. We'll be doing a couple of Irish gigs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back