Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (2 Viewers)

I said that once during a conference call just to fit in. I still reel from the memory...

I hate when you feel it approaching and there's no avoiding it. I think its even worse when you qualify it by saying "to use that terrible phrase". I tried the sing-song approach once or twice, but sounded insane.

I just ran out of things to say... "blah blah blah...eh... moving forward"

Have never said it since...

Quarter for area/district. I know it's an old term but lots of cities use it in a really silly rebranding way. The Titanic Quarter aka a bunch of dirty old sheds where boats used to be made and a developer plonked some shitty apartments etc.

Galway has its Latin Quarter and I'm sure there's some cockular quarter or other somewhere in Dublin.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't mind the word quarter in general but its just silly when dubs call camden st the village quarter or call that poxy restaurant street near the millennium bridge the italian quarter

That italian quarter really destroys my head. The only Italian I know is from Naples (sorry... Napoli) he'd shit a brick if he ever saw that shit. But then I suppose Parnell street when it's too fucking hot and really good heroin is in town is probably closer to the Italy he describes..... at length every time he returns from there looking like he just walked out of some sort of advert for melanoma.

Not all Italians are from Napoli though, eh? The Italians I know are from the north, c. Meelan & they love it down by the Millenium Bridge.

7 - No tomorrow said:
The Irish times really going the Buzzfeed route at times.

I wouldn't be surprised if journalism courses now have classes on creating listicles & how to master the art of the perfect GIF.

that shit annoyed me when enya was saying donegal is inspiring and special in the early 90s. my mum is from down the street from her and everyone there would give a lung to leave the place and never return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back