Word to your moms, I came to drop f-bombs (1 Viewer)

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
Brian Cowen channels his inner Tony Soprano

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0521/dail.html

Cowen apology after use of f-word

Wednesday, 21 May 2008 22:21
A spokesman for the Taoiseach has said Brian Cowen regrets any offence caused by remarks picked up on the Dáil microphones after Leaders Questions this morning.
Mr Cowen was heard using a profanity in what the spokesman said was a casual exchange between working colleagues that was not a reference to any member of the house.

After angry exchanges over health Mr Cowen had been questioned by Labour's Eamon Gilmore on price increases and what he said had been the failure of the National Consumer Agency and other bodies to act.
Advertisement

RTÉ News understands that what the Taoiseach said to Ms Coughlan was: 'We need to get a handle on this, will you ring those fuckers.'
That was a reference to the relevant officials rather than the opposition.

Fine Gael criticised the Taoiseach for using unparliamentary language towards the Opposition, but RTÉ News understands Mr Cowen was not referring to Fine Gael.
The party had just been involved in angry exchanges over health spending.
Fine Gael's Dan Neville cited the remarks in a statement, claiming Mr Cowen had displayed his intolerance for the difficult questions which his party had been putting to him on health spending.
He claimed the Taoiseach had lost it and his use of the f-word referred to Fine Gael.
A Government spokesman earlier confirmed the microphones had picked up what he said was 'a private exchange that was not on the Dáil record.'

In fairness, he was only speaking in the culchie vernacular, in a way that Geebag could understand. She's a foul-mouthed hoor. Very fond of using the word, cunt. A lot. Thick as fuck, the pair of them. (I've written this in a way they can both understand).

Word on the street is Cowen is one of the smarter pricks in the Dail.

Word on the street is Brian Lenihan is not.

And I'm not clever, and I've never even *been* to Drogheda. So go figure.

Also, I heard that before Cowen's mammy was pregnant with the future Taoiseach, she was praying that God would send her a big fat brain. Guess the man upstairs got his vowels topsy turvy.

Still, yeah, I'm not really sure I'm all that bothered about someone swearing in the Dail. People swear when they talk -- so what? In a weird way, if someone lets a few cusses slip, I kinda think it suggests they're speaking a little more naturally.

I don't like the Cowen chap, but all the signs point to him being a little less dishonest than the rest. Not that I trust his governance, but I don't think he's as smarmy as Bartholomew.

I'm no expert but I think part of the currency of the story was not just that he said it, but that it gave creedence to the belief that Cowen is a bit rough with a bit of a vicious streak to boot. It's a 'gotcha' thing.

And also just a week in the job, he's putting the 'fucker' back in Biffo. Not that it ever left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back