Women and punk (1 Viewer)

Oh Christ, Bob.
I didn't know your ears depended on your testicles to truly get a riff.

edit: So who reckons music is a self-perpetuating cycle of sexism?
Lads join bands because they listen to bands with lads in them?
So is that why girls become singer/songwriters - because they listen to Bjork?

Look at the doors Beyonce opened.
After her meteoric rise to fame there has been an explosion of all-black, all-female groups in the charts.
Oh wait...

Heh...never said boys like music more than girls. All i said is that boys seem to be much more into all the processes behind music (eg. distros, labels, promotion and so forth). Naturally it's not ALWAYS the case and there is a rise in girls involved in the 'scene' (whatever and wherever it may be), but ye gotta admit that you see more boys doing said things than girls and i don't think is purely a coincidence.

Seems that girls are not that into music altogether.

lads tend to be much more into music and whatnot.

Heh...never said boys like music more than girls.

Ah now.

Seriously but, you make a good point, and it's true, lads are way more involved, publicly anyway, in the creation, promotion and marketing of music. Trying to figure out reasons for this, beyond the fact that vadges and gays prefer ponies and hugs to guitars, and trying to do something about it is deadly.

Trying to figure out reasons for this, beyond the fact that vadges and gays prefer ponies and hugs to guitars, and trying to do something about it is deadly.
GIRLS AND GAYS:
large_dog-and-cat-hugWoofstock2004-320.JPG
savhug.jpg
castle2.jpg

THE LADS:
m_73a23649e01d7f593e7f8363dc0aa59a.jpg
phillo.jpg
IronMaidenBand.jpg

WHEN WILL THE GIRLS AND THE GAYS AND THE LADS LEARN TO BE THE SAME???

I presented this thread to the University Of Gender and they were so flabberghasted that they told me to tell everyone that posted in it that they automatically get a degree. Naked graduation is during Fran Cosgrave's DJ set in Zanzibar in May. Men only.

I don't know what phallologocentric means, but no girls!
I would have thought it meant having a logo with a thick, veiny schlong slap bang in the middle.

I presented this thread to the University Of Gender and they were so flabberghasted that they told me to tell everyone that posted in it that they automatically get a degree. Naked graduation is during Fran Cosgrave's DJ set in Zanzibar in May. Men only.
IN YOUR FACE, VAGINAS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back