Women and punk (2 Viewers)

which is great , although not always true,
still hear people passing comments on ladies in bands,
which is fucking irrelevant.

yeah. it's a lot less of a novelty than it used to be though, like in all the time i was in drainland i don't think we ever got described as 'female fronted' or anything like that, we were just a band like every other band. apart from once in cork i never had anyone going 'jesus there's a GIRL in that band'. no-one made an issue of it when i was in serpents either as far as i remember. and almost every gig drainland played when i was with them was with bands that also had women in them, not on purpose or anything, it just happened.

women are still in the minority in bands a lot but we're tons more common than we used to be.

Some women who attend gigs look like men
but a lot of the men appear feminine so maybe that's where LuvChild got confused.
It's pretty dark in the Voodoo in fairness.

yeah. it's a lot less of a novelty than it used to be though, like in all the time i was in drainland i don't think we ever got described as 'female fronted' or anything like that, we were just a band like every other band. apart from once in cork i never had anyone going 'jesus there's a GIRL in that band'. no-one made an issue of it when i was in serpents either as far as i remember. and almost every gig drainland played when i was with them was with bands that also had women in them, not on purpose or anything, it just happened.

women are still in the minority in bands a lot but we're tons more common than we used to be.

You just need to wear tight pants. It works for DeNov. :)

That band is shite, one of the members who happens to be the least talented of the group
also happens to be an arsehole that was abusive to people who paid in to see the band.
The fact that this member is a woman is controversial?

Not when they're hot which is a perfectly natural thing to discuss

discussing someones appearance is not what i was gettin at, i meant commenting on a bands performance or ability relating to gender.

discussing someones hotness,regardless of gender, might be natural enough, but it can often be fucked up.

It's not that controversial.
The band is shite, one of the members who happens to be the least talented of the group
also happens to be an arsehole that was abusive to people who paid in to see the band.
The fact that this member is a woman is controversial?

Yeah, I know, personally I couldn't give a fuck. It's hipster bollocks. They've a few good songs, a few good remixes and the rest is as gambra said "tedious". And as far as I know, they are going out with each other. Most of the criticisms of her and CC in that thread seem legitimate.

discussing someones hotness,regardless of gender, might be natural enough, but it can often be fucked up.
Discussing beauty is always beautiful thing!
Especially when they're super hot!
But you're right, discussing ability with regards to gender is too old school.
18th century old school.

Shorty said:
And as far as I know, they are going out.
Then the whole thread is totally valid!

discussing someones appearance is not what i was gettin at, i meant commenting on a bands performance or ability relating to gender.

So more discussing peoples and especially girls appearances at gigs?! Yeeooohhh! :p

Anyway, girls guitar inability is to do with having small fingers. ;) Where's that thread?

About ten times the size of your knob.

It's threads like this that will put off women in the future from going to the Paranoid Visions gig in the Voodoo on Paddy's Day this year.
I feel like there's absolutely nothing we can do to make more women go to that gig.
It's quite depressing.

Some women who attend gigs look like men
but a lot of the men appear feminine so maybe that's where LuvChild got confused.
It's pretty dark in the Voodoo in fairness.

Hit the nail on the head there i think!

Pretty uneven ratio alright, but not crazy uneven.
Bumming around Eastern Europe and going to gigs i noticed straight off the amount of (fine) ladies heading to gigs and going crazy....they fine here too of course...

510EvXNhzZL._SS500_.jpg

Dodgy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back