Wobble presents SKREAM, A$$quake present Mumdance & Jammer, Twisted Pepper, Fri 20th (1 Viewer)

Don Rosco

ssssskkream2copycopy.jpg

Wobble presents

SKREAM

Noid the Droid & Laminator

Wobble Residents

http://www.myspace.com/skreamuk

A$$quake presents

Mumdance & Jammer

A$$quake DJs

http://www.myspace.com/mumdance
http://www.myspace.com/murkleman1

both at the Twisted Pepper, Fri 20th February. €15 in, €10 with a flyer

Do I need to fill in the blanks? The King of Dubstep, alongside the finest in the Irish crew, in Dublin's best new club. Guaranteed Mayhem. We've moved upstairs for the night, where the function one sound and the room has been re-rigged and tweaked to within an inch of its life. It is sounding HEAVY. Wobble residents Don Rosco, Richie !kaboogie and T-Woc kick us off. Following up, we have Noid the Droid, one of Ireland's most exciting dubstepish djs alongside Laminator on cuts and scratches. On the same decks at the same time!

Finishing up of course is the biggest name in dubstep with the biggest tunes in dubstep. Skream! Responsible for the original Big Tune, Midnight Request Line on the mighty Tempa, Skream has proved to be one of the most versatile producers in the game, known for his huge bangers, his techno rollers, his 2 step slinkers and most of all, his big, big sound. Come see a man at the top of his game do some damage.

Downstairs we have the A$$quake crew and Mumdance & Jammer - a Genre-blending Dj outta Brighton links up with the most high energy MC on the Grime Scene. Check the myspace for the proof!

Re: Wobble presents SKREAM, A$$quake present Mumdance & Jammer, Twisted Pepper, Fri 2

If he's sober and not acting the bollix this will be great - he's a deadly DJ who has released an unreal amount of amazing tunes. He was a total joke in the Spiegeltent last September though.

Re: Wobble presents SKREAM, A$$quake present Mumdance & Jammer, Twisted Pepper, Fri 2

he can't play boozed up? sounds like a wimp.

he can't play boozed up? sounds like a wimp.
He's well able to play when he's pissed but he chooses to rewind each tune about five times and talk shite over it.

sounds crap.

those new bouncers in the twisted pep are pricks too.

apparently the sound at spiegeltent gig was really bad and bass was cut at 1am, so Skream thought gig was pointless

he knows people werent happy with last gig so i'd expect he'll be pulling out the stops for this one. he'll have the SS to back him up anyways

apparently the sound at spiegeltent gig was really bad and bass was cut at 1am, so Skream thought gig was pointless

Sound was a disgrace. Ended up leaving myself.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if that's why he got so sloppy. Even if he bust his balls it would of been a shite gig. So bad that i've been avoiding POD events since.

For the record I heard 3 or so rewinds and thought they were well done with the tunes coming back beefier. Was still early days when I left. It always funnier to see the reaction to rewinds here. Dublin crowds HATE them.

seriously though, get the hard lads off the door and put those normal, friendly bouncers back on and i'll start going to twisted pepper again.

I was there before 12 and he already was already well pissed but he did get worse as the night progressed. You could hear Plastician saying after he rewinded one track about five times "jesus i just want to play some tunes".

But i'd seen him a few other times before that and he's always been brilliant. His 2007 Essential Mix is probably my favourite dubstep mix ever.

2007.06.17 - Essential Mix - Skream
(Part 1) | (Part 2)

seriously though, get the hard lads off the door and put those normal, friendly bouncers back on and i'll start going to twisted pepper again.

No gigs at cans.

He seems to play pissed pretty much everywhere. When he was playing the UnSound festival in Krakow, himself and Benga were plastered. Fantastic sound & bass but he still threw in a few rewinds.

For the record I heard 3 or so rewinds and thought they were well done with the tunes coming back beefier. Was still early days when I left. It always funnier to see the reaction to rewinds here. Dublin crowds HATE them.

And rightfully so!! They usually totally wreck the flow of a set. Skream honestly rewinded "Eastern Jam" by Chase and Status three or four times, totally headwrecking stuff.

fuckin hate rewinds, never got it . saw Peshay play Kitchen one nights 7-8 years ago when Miles From Home was released and people gave a shit who he was. he rewinded that night about 6 times, was the most retarded thing i'd ever heard in a club, probably to hide the fact he didnt know how to mix maybe.

he rewinded that night about 6 times, was the most retarded thing i'd ever heard in a club, probably to hide the fact he didnt know how to mix maybe.

The Bug is the same - rewinds into every single track these days. At BLOC last year he did a rewind about 30 seconds into every single track. Totally headwrecking.

god I fucking hate rewinds, I'm getting angry just reading about them.
seriously, what's the point?

'uuuuuh, I don't think the crowd is getting into this enough, so I'll pop it back top the start'

only complete idiots respond to that shit, hence their popularity in the UK. Here's a tip for Irish crowds, if the audience aren't getting into the record enough, play something that they will get into or fuck off.

just joking about the UK jibe btw, some of my best friends etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back