Wisdom Teeth (3 Viewers)

i had one out a few weeks ago. the rest are fine. but yeah. blood everywhere. state of me. i asked him to explain exactly what he was going to do. i get injections - fuck being knocked out, that's almost worse than hypnosis. so they kinda wedge it up - 'elevating' it's called - cos they cant grip it. too many nerves. they hit a nerve and you'll have a permanent smirk. can you imagine? the kids in your street would call you 'smirker' and no one would ever love you.
good luck!

they made me sign something saying i had no problems with them disfiguring me for life.

apparently the teeth on the bottom are growing into the nerve endings in my gums (or some shit) and there's a 2% chance the left side of my mouth will remain numb if they hit the nerves while taking them out.

im getting knocked out for it, never been knocked out before. shitting it.

it makes your signature seem funnier

think of the advantages if the left side remains numb. you'll be able to stand up to a right hook. a bit.

Are you getting local or general anaesthetic?
I had my remaining three out last year, under general. It was fine, they just knock you out, you wake up 2 hours later with a mouth full of gauze and a headache. It all depends on how impacted (if at all) the teeth are. If they're in good shape, the extraction usually doesn't involve much damage to the surrounding area, and you don't bruise or swell that much - I looked like a hamster for three days and had light localised bruising, but the doc told me that some people (fellas especially) bruise all the way down to their chest, and have swelling for a week, though this is pretty rare. You also get excellent drugs.

//just saw yr reply. They make everyone sign that disclaimer thingy. I went to a guy on Baggot St, he was pretty cool. Snappy dresser.

even though this is my 2000th time being in hospital i've never been so nervous..

this reminds of that episode of Unsolved Mysteries where they had people who woke up during operations and could feel all the pain etc but couldnt move

man, that show freaked me out

ICUH8N said:
. If they're in good shape, the extraction usually doesn't involve much damage to the surrounding area
my teeth are so fucked up they're actually growing sideways.. much like the top left diagram here:

wisdomth.jpg

this'll be me:

jeff-wt2.jpg

they have to cut open the gums and then take them out.

i got sent a picture of the guy who's performing the operation:

hog-kid-hat.jpg

seems reliable enough

I had my wisdom teeth from about 14 for some strange reason and had the top 2 taken out WITH A PLIERS while I was awake in the dentist when I was 18. My dad kept making jokes about how the worst thing about it would be the footprints on my chest. Ho ho ho Da. Most awful experience 4evah. Get knocked out for it, seriously. My jaw clicked for years and I am convinced the way he did it and the pressure he applied contributed to an on-going sinus problem I now have. My current nice and not insane dentist wants me to have the bottom 2 out but no way. No wayyyyy. Never again.

Hopefully this won't scare you too much!

I had my tonsils out. That's not quite so good.

and a camera rammed up my nose.

oh shit said:
one time i had a kidney biopsy. it was like being punched in the soul.

good luck with it anyway.

no way. if anyone's going to win the "unpleasant medical experiences" competition it's me.

i had a lumbar puncture.

for anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's when they insert a giant needle into the base of your spine and extract a fluid to see if you have meningitis.

WITH NO ANAESTHETIC!!

kirstie said:
I had my tonsils out. That's not quite so good.

and a camera rammed up my nose.

i had cold jelly slapped on my bare scrotum by a nurse that looked like ferguson from prisoner cell block h. it was painless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back