wire s05 e09 spoilers thread (1 Viewer)

Great season..

Who were the junkie/squatter guys that Dookie went to?

It's the junk man he started working for isn't it?

I only started watching the wire last month and after blasting through all the seasons I'm finally caught up but to avoid spoilers I stayed away from all the discussion threads but one thing about the recent few episodes I thought was great was the way that Omar's death didn't even make the paper. He's been such a hugely prominent character throughout the series but in the wider world in which the Wire is set all he was in the end was just another dead gangster whose passing didn't warrant reporting.

That episode was amazing. It redeemed what I thought was a bit of a watery season. The one with Omar's demise was also fairly great. Has McNulty gone downhill? I liked him in previous season and he was rather irritating in this one, the weakest of the main characters.

i like the way there was no hollywood crap after omar went down. killed by a young 'un,
no mention in the papers, and that mortuary dude even switched his name tag (why?).
marlo talking fierce in the lockup was done well, found the namond debateing thing a bit cheesy, but that's the only minus point. sad to see snoop go, but girlfriend went down chin up. can't fudging wait for finale. what's daniel's gonna do? will that rat reporter get his? and will freamon hit the motherload?

i like the way there was no hollywood crap after omar went down. killed by a young 'un,
no mention in the papers, and that mortuary dude even switched his name tag (why?).

I was talking to a drunk mate as I drive him home on Friday night about that. I thought it was amazing because in the context of the series he was huge, but in the wider world in which the wire is set he was just another dead gangster.

They swtiched the tags becasue the tags were wrong.

The tags scene I think was meant to link Omar's thread with the homeless guys serial killer thread, I think.

how exactly? i just figured it was about old white guys not having names like Omar Little and not dying of gun shot wounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back