winning the lotto (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

do i have a better chance of winning the lotto if i always to the same numbers as opposed to doing different numbers every week?

I think the odds are pretty much the same(really bad) no matter what.

There were calls to give people who won with quickpicks less money as there isn't 'as much skill involved'. Don't think anything came of it.

Personally I feel that if you have the same numbers, make sure you do it every time. Would be pretty tragic if they came up and you hadn't entered on that occasion.

A friend of mine has a system where he forecasts future numbers based on the colour of the balls previously drawn.

I wrote an essay on scratch cards / lotto for English class in 1988. I recall that it was very critical of the National Lottery.

lottos suck.

same odds, basic calculus:

say the lotto is "pick 6 numbers out of 49" (canauck bias, our lotto is the 6/49)...odds are:

1 in (49x48x47x46x45x44)

astronomaniacal.

fuck the lotto. just one more way to keep the poor in their fuckin place.

lottos suck.

same odds, basic calculus:

say the lotto is "pick 6 numbers out of 49" (canauck bias, our lotto is the 6/49)...odds are:

1 in (49x48x47x46x45x44)

astronomaniacal.

fuck the lotto. just one more way to keep the poor in their fuckin place.

it's just over 8million to one.

I don't do the lotto but the very odd time I do one I just do quick pick because if u were to pick a set of numbers u are a slave to the lotto each week cos if they were ever to win and u never done the lotto that week.....well ya get my point???

Ok heres the facts:

Every combination is a likely as every other combination, however not every combination has equal chance of being selected by individuals.

For example in chosing your lotto numbers it is best to pick a few above 31 - cause people normally pick their families birthdays and you have a greater chance of sharing a jackpot if you pick all number below 31.

Same goes for common patterns - don't pick the first 6 prime numbers cause if you do ant they come up youll probably have to split the prize with every geek in the country.

This is doubly true for the Fiboniacci series cause as well as having to share the prize people will also think you like the divinci code.

There is also the remote possibility - it has disappeared now in ireland since they increased the number of number to from 36 that if there are additional prises - eg guaranteed match 4 prises or a double jackpot that the EV of a ticket is greater than the cost of the ticket. In this case the sensible thing to do is to buy every ticket -not practical I know but them's the sums.

The only reason to buy the same number the whole time is so as you wont be pissed of if someone wins with "your" numbers and you didnt buy a ticket.

A better plan for the Lotto is to go on paddy power and bet on individual numbers. If you have the patience to do this systematically you can pick up a few quid - its a shitload of work though.

Pick a number and continue betting on it increasing you steak untill when you win the proceds pay back all of your lossed to date. The problem her is the house limit. Individual numbers dont appearas often as you would think. Ther was a case in the New your lottery of a number not appearing for 56 consecutive draws - you would have hit pady powers house limit on lotto bets long before that. A friend of mine used a version of this scheme (he would split the numbers in 6 groups of 6 and had 1 number from each group on the go at a time) to some success a while back. i have tried it and its a lot like work for my taste!

:confused:
adam i just read your quote about the prostitutes...i remember hearing it recently but from where...frustrated in cork

well joanne, find out.

claire, you should do those bingo scratchcards... i won €4 off them last week :D

http://entertainment.ie/lotto/fun.asp

Type in your lotto numbers, and you will see what you would have won and lost if you had entered them in every draw since 2003.

Here's what i got for the two lot's of numbers i do. i don't do them all the time, just as well.

If you had played these numbers in one panel every lottery draw since 2003, you would have spent €1,348 and won at least €98.

If you had played these numbers in one panel every lottery draw since 2003, you would have spent €1,348 and won at least €179.

i've won the lotto 3 or 4 times now since i started doing it (2001)
i only ever use numbers which add up to 666 because that's cool

hail satan!

Playing the lotto!? The mug here is you!

( not you personally Vinnie just had to get that out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back