willy wonka (2 Viewers)

thegoone

Website
mushroomjohn.com
i saw on telly today theyre doin a remake
tim burtons directin if memory serves me well (usually doesnt)

johnny depp was favourite to land the role (again elephant boy
isnt so sure)

.|..|

i hope it comes to the irish cinema in october

does anybody else have the problem of spelling words and then looking at them for a while trying to make sure theyre spelled
right? easy words
or is it just me

did you ever see the article on some fat kids ma tryin to sue mcdonalds for making him obese

hed make a good galoop!

and wee man for oompa loompah!

thegoone said:
no way dude
i like the original and all but the kids someone think of the kids

who would be everyones augustus if they were casting?

Veruca Salt - Thora Birch
Violet Beauregard - Christina Ricci
Augustus Gloop - the fat kid from the addams family movie
Mike TV - That kid from Malcolm in the middle, the freaky young lad

Dunno who'd play charlie?

grandpa joe could be steve buscemi in a grey wig...

yeah, i heard johnny depp too

i dont see much point in remaking it, how do they think there gonna make it any better than the original??

unless its a tim burton style 're-imagining', and we all know how planet of the apes turned out

never send a monkey to do a mans job!

good mike tv dude
malcolm

if mcauley culkin still looks the same he could be charlie

if your man from the wonder years looks the same he could be mike tv aswell and his mate paul is now maralyn manson

thegoone said:
good mike tv dude
malcolm

if mcauley culkin still looks the same he could be charlie

if your man from the wonder years looks the same he could be mike tv aswell and his mate paul is now maralyn manson

marilyn manson to play slugworth!!

(that wonder years/MM myth is just that...)

May 23, 2003
This week Variety announced that Tim Burton (Batman, Nightmare Before Christmas) is set to direct a new version of Roald Dahl's classic children's novel, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Dahl disliked the 1971 Gene Wilder version and his estate has resisted Warner Brother's attempts to obtain the rights to do a remake. Only when Warners promised that Burton would direct, did the Dahl estate give its approval to the project. Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Grey will produce for Warner Brothers.

:confused:

spectraljanitor said:
May 23, 2003
This week Variety announced that Tim Burton (Batman, Nightmare Before Christmas) is set to direct a new version of Roald Dahl's classic children's novel, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Dahl disliked the 1971 Gene Wilder version and his estate has resisted Warner Brother's attempts to obtain the rights to do a remake. Only when Warners promised that Burton would direct, did the Dahl estate give its approval to the project. Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Grey will produce for Warner Brothers.

:confused:

..I heard from a cant remember where source that marylin manson really wanted to play willy wonka. Hope he puts some pants on first tho.

Latex lizzie said:
..I heard from a cant remember where source that marylin manson really wanted to play willy wonka. Hope he puts some pants on first tho.

its his favo film apparently

i hate the idea of re-making classic films. as if they cant be appreciated anymore..

even like special editions of old films that add new cgi scenes that look completely out of place with the rest of the film. the special edition of ET is the best example of this where most of the scenes of ET himself have been made that bit more special by making him completely cgi.

then to make it more politically correct they removed all the guns from the end and replaced them with walkie talkies!!

the next film to get this special treatment is raiders of the lost ark

anyway, where was i? oh yeah, dont remake classic movies

apparently they are remaking "JFK" and he survives the magic bullet...

and "Midnight Cowboy" where Joe Buck and Ratso get married in Miami...

and did you hear about Bambi's mother......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back