Wii remote refuses to sync (1 Viewer)

Ciansy

The batteries for noth of my brother's Wii remotes ran out recently, and now the remotes won't work even though there are nice new batteries in 'em. Any advice? We've tried synchronising them again, but they don't seem to recognise the Wii's presence.

I think there's a button under the lid for the battery compartment on the controller, which is supposed to help 'force' it sync. If this doesn't work, there's also a button under one of the flaps on the Wii itself. I'm miles away from my Wii right now, so I can't actually test this out.

I've tried pressing both of those buttons, and no joy. I think there might be a problem with the sensor thing for the console itself, the controllers are probably ok but they can't find the sensor. Dang.

Thanks, though.

yeah you have to press the two buttons simultaneously.

that said, the same thing happened to mine the day I got it, after upgrading the firmware.

the ol classic switching it off and then back on again solved the problem

Weirdly enough, a combination of pressing the sync buttons at the same time and turning it off and on again worked! We synced it while off, and then when it turned on again it was ok. Thanks, all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back