Why the Sunday Tribune Magazine sucks (2 Viewers)

This guy nailed it

18qs_thomas_dunning001747_display.jpg

Name: Thomas Dunning

Born: 1967, Chicago

Currently living: Dublin

Family: Single, many friends, multiple lovers

• The election of Barack Obama stands out as the single proudest moment I've ever felt as an American in my lifetime.

• I still refuse to pledge allegiance to the flag or sing the national anthem at events. However, I often cry when I hear the anthem because I do love and miss my country.

• Civic pride is a wonderful part of American culture. Litter isn't accepted in most parts and no one will beat you up if you remind them there is a bin right over there. Sadly I can't say the same for Ireland.

• Just one Greatest American? Come on, give me a few here. Jane Addams, founder of Social Work; Bill W, founder of Alcoholics Anonymous; Barbra Streisand; and my mom.

Ah, but no amount of concealer can hide the pimples of American foreign policy!

True. Joan Rivers' makeup collection for QVC is the one I think most likely to succeed - but even so, there's only a finite amount of Polyfilla in the world at any one time. So maybe not.

Sunday Tribune in general has gone seriously downhill in the last few years. It's a shame. I'm almost on the verge of giving up Irish Sunday papers altogether ...

I gave up on Irish Sunday papers last year. The weekend Irish Times does the job. Don't even buy The Observer every Sunday now - just occasionally.

I gave up on Irish Sunday papers last year. The weekend Irish Times does the job. Don't even buy The Observer every Sunday now - just occasionally.

More or less the same. If there's anything decent in any of the others you'll usually hear about it.
If I could find the schedule for the OMM I'd be happy.

This guy nailed it

hey I met that guy at a Thumped persons wedding

and what with the article written by a Thumped member...

and canvassing Jane for her two cents worth...

Is there some sort Tribune/Thumped alliance going on?

This makes me....uneasy

which is the one barry egan writes for? i love his articles. they usually consist of him getting some posh bird pissed and harrasing her into talking about her breasts

hey I met that guy at a Thumped persons wedding

and what with the article written by a Thumped member...

and canvassing Jane for her two cents worth...

Is there some sort Tribune/Thumped alliance going on?

This makes me....uneasy

Indeed.

I liked the dude's answers.
Defo nicking that 'multiple lovers' quip.

The Sunday Tribune Magazine in November had an article about being 30 and single and happy with that. It was proper crap. All these ridiculously rich women on about the pressure to be in a relationship but how they wouldn't look twice at most of the men in Dublin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back