Why the Sunday Tribune Magazine sucks (1 Viewer)

Jelly_Block

Magazine devoted to America. Cue rubbish Journalism

"America is cool again; it fashion, its music, its films, TV, journalism and general culture is perhaps more popular then ever. But more then that, its attitude of recreation, reinvention, and newness has huge appeal in a world dogged by the mistakes of the past, and a reluctance for making fresh starts." (wtf)

"If you hate Superman, Mickey Mouse and Ronald McDonald, you probably hate freedom, but you have to admit that they beat the socks off a picture of Mussolini on a balcony."

they are, I read that as well. it was horrific. They have some other bint in the guise of Roisín Ingle in it as well who just bangs on about her apartment and other such shit. I still think it's the best of a bad bunch of Sunday papers.

wow, nice one.

All this casual pro-americanism is a bit much really, jane?

I can't believe they actually ADDED to something I wrote, which is a fucking crime against journalism. And considering the answers I sent them, there would have been no need to ADD. I'd have to double-check to be sure, but it would mean looking back at the piece, where I was made to sound like a fucking asshole.

Also, those quotes were taken way out of context, and if I weren't about 60 days away from being genuinely homeless, I would be a lot more fucking pissed off about it, but believe me, I teared up when I saw what they'd done with what I'd written.

Now shit's going wrong that I hadn't even thought could go wrong!

PLS don't link to it. Seriously. I'm pretty unhappy about it.

Dunno.

Guess I didn't make the grade. I sent them one. Better that way. I'm an ugly mug.

There was a picture of you. But I remember thinking that it didn't really look like you ... but then I only met you once so I could be wrong ...

Sunday Tribune in general has gone seriously downhill in the last few years. It's a shame. I'm almost on the verge of giving up Irish Sunday papers altogether ...

oh right, well I was only looking online. Guess you're more printworthy than webworthy

Hey, i'm almost certain there was a pic of you in my edition. Did they really change what you wrote that much?

I think they just added a word or two. I'd have to look at it again, which I don't want to. But the point is, they took shit out of context and made me sound like an asshole. I know that you can't publish whole paragraphs, but still. You pick the sentences that best stand on their own.

It's a puff piece, and it's not what I would have done as an editor. But I don't have a job. And every day I am glad that when I was an editor I answered emails because now I really know that most editors just tell you off for having the cheek to think you're good enough to speak directly to them.

I dunno. Maybe I am just an asshole. After three weeks of being told I'm a fucking asshole, I guess I just am.

I think they just added a word or two. I'd have to look at it again, which I don't want to. But the point is, they took shit out of context and made me sound like an asshole. I know that you can't publish whole paragraphs, but still. You pick the sentences that best stand on their own.

It's a puff piece, and it's not what I would have done as an editor. But I don't have a job. And every day I am glad that when I was an editor I answered emails because now I really know that most editors just tell you off for having the cheek to think you're good enough to speak directly to them.

I dunno. Maybe I am just an asshole. After three weeks of being told I'm a fucking asshole, I guess I just am.

ah, January.

ah, January.

I wish it were just January.

Anyway, it's only a single thing in an article in a magazine in a paper and probably I'm the only one who really noticed. It's not a big deal and there's no point in even trying to pretend I want to make it one, it's just a pain and I'm not pleased. Just glad that I'm a nobody and always will be.

Ah January indeed! I wrote the article that that quote was taken from (not the article Jane featured in). I think folks are reading it a tad out of context.

You can judge - http://www.tribune.ie/magazine/features/article/2009/jan/18/ohmygawd-bless-america/

Anyway, hate it on it's own de-merits!

And hi Jane! Don't listen to the naysayers. Them editors will start listening eventually because you're a dead good writer.

Ah January indeed! I wrote the article that that quote was taken from (not the article Jane featured in). I think folks are reading it a tad out of context.

You can judge - http://www.tribune.ie/magazine/features/article/2009/jan/18/ohmygawd-bless-america/

Anyway, hate it on it's own de-merits!

And hi Jane! Don't listen to the naysayers. Them editors will start listening eventually because you're a dead good writer.

Thank God no one has anything bad to say about makeup products what can be bought in Amerikay. Or I think I'd be crushed, like an eye shadow 'neath a jackboot. Or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back