Why I'm Going To Kill My Boss (3 Viewers)

Lord Damian

so, dig this:

Tuesday - beginning to get head cold at work - go to leave early - boss reminds me that he needs reports by Wednesday afternoon for his trip to LA - Shit, says I, guess I'm coming into work tomorrow whether i'm sick or not

Wednesday - show up sick as fuck, snot everywhere, headache, medicated to the point of hallucination - head down, no lunch break, reports done by 4 o'clock - give reports to manager to approve - 6:30, OK given to hand over reports to boss - give reports to boss - informed LA trip is cancelled, won't be needing reports until tomorrow when we (boss, manager, myself) to sit down and assess all projects

Thursday - still sick - get to work, boss not even here - going home now.

Got any work horror stories of your own?

Lord Damian said:
so, dig this:

Tuesday - beginning to get head cold at work - go to leave early - boss reminds me that he needs reports by Wednesday afternoon for his trip to LA - Shit, says I, guess I'm coming into work tomorrow whether i'm sick or not

Wednesday - show up sick as fuck, snot everywhere, headache, medicated to the point of hallucination - head down, no lunch break, reports done by 4 o'clock - give reports to manager to approve - 6:30, OK given to hand over reports to boss - give reports to boss - informed LA trip is cancelled, won't be needing reports until tomorrow when we (boss, manager, myself) to sit down and assess all projects

Thursday - still sick - get to work, boss not even here - going home now.

Got any work horror stories of your own?

Work IS horror,bud.

Great quote in the bar last night from one of my more level headed regulars:
"....end of the day, you either work to pay; or you're paid to work; being happy and good at what you do for little or nothing does at some point compare with doing shit you hate for a good wage....."

-or something to that effect.

I feel a new thread coming on......

i once worked in a record store with a complete asshole of a boss who told me the white stripes were too heavy to listen to..at 10 in the morning..in a shop that got about 5 customers a day..idiot..

and in another large chain of record stores i once worked 118 hours in a week but didnt get paid any overtime..at all..

bastards..

Every day i want to kill my boss. He's a mate of someone higher up in management and is actually, genuinely incapable of doing our job (he was almost fired something like seven times before being promoted), much less his. He's a sneaky fucker though and always finds a way to pass the blame for his mistakes onto us.

I get the feeling we could all say that about our supervisors though...

muffin said:
i once worked in a record store with a complete asshole of a boss who told me the white stripes were too heavy to listen to..at 10 in the morning..in a shop that got about 5 customers a day..idiot..

and in another large chain of record stores i once worked 118 hours in a week but didnt get paid any overtime..at all..

bastards..

Ha, it wasn't music city was it???? I was in there browsing the other week in the evening and there were about 3 other customers in the shop (one of which was my mate). They were playing DJ shadow and the manager came over and changed the cd half way through a song to fuckin Cafe Del Mar! I left.

The Dilbert principle - it's the total liabilities who get promoted to keep them away from whatever it is they can't do.

My sister's boss asked her to come in the day after we buried our dad. When she said no, he asked if she could come in the next day - which was a Saturday. All because he was off on holidays for a couple of weeks and wanted to sort out a couple of things before he left. Nice guy!

billygannon said:
My sister's boss asked her to come in the day after we buried our dad. When she said no, he asked if she could come in the next day - which was a Saturday. All because he was off on holidays for a couple of weeks and wanted to sort out a couple of things before he left. Nice guy!

wot?!?!! that's the winner.... no boss could be more prickish than that, surely?

billygannon said:
Cock.

billygannon said:

Some people are so fucking insensitive. Is that man in touch with this planet at all!?!?!? I hope she didn't make any effort to make it in to him. Feckin asswipe.

billygannon said:

H-Holy fucking shit. What a cunt!

chutneyfarmer said:
Some people are so fucking insensitive. Is that man in touch with this planet at all!?!?!? I hope she didn't make any effort to make it in to him. Feckin asswipe.

I have to say it was all sorted out quite quickly. She will kill me for putting this up on Thumped.

billygannon said:
I have to say it was all sorted out quite quickly. She will kill me for putting this up on Thumped.

I hope she sent the 'boys' around

college_ninjas.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back