Why are bus drivers such dickheads? (3 Viewers)

Yeah there should be a bus driver apprieciation thread there are a lot of really great ones out there. They're let down by over stressed pricks who aren't cut out to deal with the torrents of abuse they recieve on a daily basis. Of course they take out their frustraition on the gentler weaker quieter types who just want to get where their going sure isn't that what the meek were put here for.

Basically if you're feeling blue, Bully someone, Sure it's fucking deadly.

Dublin bus as an organisation and the awful state of public transport in this city though, that grinds my fucking gears no end. I just don't understand how the powers that be thought to themselves;

"we'll just build huge suburbs miles outside the city center and link them to this with ....eh...ah sure it'll be grand" there some dickheads altogether.

in terms of abuse though, southern English people win. The bus drivers out that neck of the woods need Nobel bus driving prizes. Irish scumbags are sound compared to English scumbags. Irish bus drivers have it handy in comparison.

I still think, on the whole, Dublin Bus are not a bad bunch.

There's some fierce grumpy dudes who sit behind the glass giving out DART tickets though. The majority of them can fuck off, giving me shit for asking any kind of question at all.

Bus drivers in Galway and Derry are fuckin' sound. Some in Dublin are all right, others are aggressive little shitbags who catch people's hands in the door, drive off, and claim no fault!

Heh.

I got on a bus once, sitting at the terminus of his stop, and asked to pay for two, myself and the girlfriend who was bringing up the rear. Your man asked me where she was, and I said she was coming, and he said "so's fucking Christmas" and said he needed to go. I said fine, and tried to get off, and as I did he closed the doors on me and sort of dragged me along the road with one leg hanging out the door scraping off the ground.

Eventually (well, say about 15 meters away) he stoped at lights and I pushed open the door and got out. I was reasonably upset at this point so I kicked the shit out of the back of the bus to the extent that I broke my foot.

Ahh... Dublin.

I ended up on the wrong bus in inchicore really early one morning, still dressed up from the night before, high heels and in the middle of winter with no coat. Very obvious that I was just going home.

As I was still half drunk I put the money in before saying where I was going, much to the amusement of the driver and people going to work.

But anyways the bus driver got the next person that got on to give me his money and I gave him my ticket. He told me to stay on the bus for a minute and he let me off at the right stop just around the corner. Told me which bus to get and that one should be along in a minute.

Thats sound.

Plus the bus drivers that lets you off at the traffic lights at bakers corner so your not waiting ages for the lights to change for the stop around the corner, I like those bus drivers.

Don't have any good storys about bus eireann, had to talk my mother out of seeking legal advice about them.

There's some fierce grumpy dudes who sit behind the glass giving out DART tickets though. The majority of them can fuck off, giving me shit for asking any kind of question at all.

Jaysis yes. There used to be a couple of lads in my local station on the southside who would do their best to start your day off on a bad note. Such ignorant wankers you'd actually stare at them, smiling and shaking your head in wonder.
There are some decent skins who work the trains in Dublin/elsewhere but mostly they're fucking dickheads and to be honest, an embarrassment to this country in terms of what tourists must think. They just couldn't give a fuck. Summertime and there's visiters everywhere, completely clueless. Fuck, if I have to go past Bray usually I'M clueless too as to what's going on with the fucking train.

guy at my train station is one of the nicest people ever and once insisted on giving me a packet of crackers.

I think we can conclude from this thread that not only is the world of full of people but those people display varying temperaments.

This is true. I think its fair enough, there are some sound bus drivers out there but i have to say they are in a very very small minority amongst their peers unfortunately (in my experience). Like many lovely stories in this thread my girlfriend was once stranded out near belfield and a driver helped her out there, fair dues to him.

When i created this thread though i had just had a bus go past me while i was motioning for it to stop alongside it, preventing me from going out that night so i may have been a bit testy.

All that said though i have had terrible experience with them generally so i'm kind of on that side of the fence.

This is true. I think its fair enough, there are some sound bus drivers out there but i have to say they are in a very very small minority amongst their peers unfortunately (in my experience). Like many lovely stories in this thread my girlfriend was once stranded out near belfield and a driver helped her out there, fair dues to him.

When i created this thread though i had just had a bus go past me while i was motioning for it to stop alongside it, preventing me from going out that night so i may have been a bit testy.

All that said though i have had terrible experience with them generally so i'm kind of on that side of the fence.
that's just not good enough Funkykitchen.
just cop on, right?

On the way home from school years ago there used to be the same bus driver working most days. He'd always tell me how he changed my nappy as a baby and that my mam could never keep clothes on me for long. He'd say it at least once a week in front of all the other girls getting on the bus.
My mam said she's never met him :(

On the way home from school years ago there used to be the same bus driver working most days. He'd always tell me how he changed my nappy as a baby and that my mam could never keep clothes on me for long. He'd say it at least once a week in front of all the other girls getting on the bus.
My mam said she's never met him :(

:eek: Thats so creepy Riath. What an arsehole!

Happy Christmas :)

I ended up on the wrong bus in inchicore really early one morning, still dressed up from the night before, high heels and in the middle of winter with no coat. Very obvious that I was just going home.

As I was still half drunk I put the money in before saying where I was going, much to the amusement of the driver and people going to work.

But anyways the bus driver got the next person that got on to give me his money and I gave him my ticket. He told me to stay on the bus for a minute and he let me off at the right stop just around the corner. Told me which bus to get and that one should be along in a minute.

Thats sound.

Plus the bus drivers that lets you off at the traffic lights at bakers corner so your not waiting ages for the lights to change for the stop around the corner, I like those bus drivers.

Don't have any good storys about bus eireann, had to talk my mother out of seeking legal advice about them.

You were dressed up and half drunk and the driver was really nice to you? Wow that almost never happens:rolleyes:

Yeah the lads that let you off before the lights at bakers are gents. Makes the ones that don't seem like total pricks.

:eek: Thats so creepy Riath. What an arsehole!

Happy Christmas :)

That's not Creepy thats savage he's a legend. I'm definitely doing this to some young lads in the future. Take them down a peg or two.

Sorry Raith but funny is funny.

i thought you had a big hoo-ha with bus eireann one time about a return to enniscorthy or something

Oh I did, thats what the last sentence was about. Official apology from the company was received, still not resolved though.

I asked him about the not stopping/ not opening door policy - apparently its an insurance thing and if a driver got caught by an inspector dude, they could get a bollickin'. He used to let passangers off wherever they wanted (within reason) and was caught and given an official warning. He left soon after that.
Time and a place though. I only ever got a bus once in dublin, it was from the ferry to the train station at rush hour on a friday (if memory serves - it was about ten years ago). The traffic was murder, we'd not moved in ages and i was going to miss my train so i asked the driver if i could just get out. He said i had to wait until a stop. I explained i had about 30 mins to get there and if i didn't make my train, i was stuck in dublin overnight. He said i had to wait until a stop. It took 20 mins, i missed my train, i cursed at dublin bus for 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back