Why are bus drivers such dickheads? (1 Viewer)

Yeah. I guess if you're not at the stop on time they don't have to let you on. Still on your side though. Bus drivers are awful bitter little balls of anger.

I agree with Ernesto, there's alot of sound bus drivers that would stop me from taring them all with the same brush. I think most of them are sound actually.

Some are great. there's a nitelink driver that drops me to my road so I dont have to do the 20 minute (30 in heels) walk on my own.

My brother in law was a bus driver for a while. He was once approaching his next stop and saw a woman running, so he slowed down and stopped to let her on early. But she just kept running, she didn't want to get on the bus at all. She was just a woman running. :)

He also used to pass by his house and my sister Val would run out with his sandwiches for him. Old lady passangers were highly amused.

I asked him about the not stopping/ not opening door policy - apparently its an insurance thing and if a driver got caught by an inspector dude, they could get a bollickin'. He used to let passangers off wherever they wanted (within reason) and was caught and given an official warning. He left soon after that.

My brother in law was a bus driver for a while. He was once approaching his next stop and saw a woman running, so he slowed down and stopped to let her on early. But she just kept running, she didn't want to get on the bus at all. She was just a woman running. :)

He also used to pass by his house and my sister Val would run out with his sandwiches for him. Old lady passangers were highly amused.

I asked him about the not stopping/ not opening door policy - apparently its an insurance thing and if a driver got caught by an inspector dude, they could get a bollickin'. He used to let passangers off wherever they wanted (within reason) and was caught and given an official warning. He left soon after that.

They get a real hard time from people and it's a stressful enough job already without hassle from the public. God bless 'em that's what i say.

Some are great. there's a nitelink driver that drops me to my road so I dont have to do the 20 minute (30 in heels) walk on my own.

You need to get yourself a pair of these:
heelys220.jpg

despite coming very close to being killed by a bus driver twice, the last few times I've been around the country I've had pretty good experiences with them.

In fact, all the bad bus driver experiences I've had were on the South side, and all the good ones were on the North. I think they sensed my lostness.
"Is this Fairview?"
"No son, its Ballymun".
"Is that near Fairview?"
"Get on the bus son, and sit near me".

I've had drivers give me free lifts because I've missed stops so badly.

I encountered an exceptionally sound bus driver last year. I was standing at a bus stop on Harold's X road, freezing my ass off, and the driver of an out of service bus stopped and asked me where I was going. When I said I was going to "near O'Connell St" he told me he was going through town and to get in*. He was chatting away and explained all their secret bus driver radio codes that they use to let each other know if there are guards/inspectors etc around. He then offered to drive me around Parnell Square so I wouldn't have to walk too far with my bass (I was on the way to band rehearsal)! I try to remember this example of bus driver soundness whenever I'm standing at a bus stop for over an hour in the rain and am wishing poxes on all drivers (and all of their antecedents and descendents).

*I should add that I don't usually get into vehicles with strange men but I figured he was driving a double decker and was behind glass so I was probably safe enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back