Who's this crazy looking dude? He sure likes Mantra! (+2 free tickets for this forum) (1 Viewer)

nickibopp

recintro3rr.jpg

I don't know much about this mad looking dude but he sure likes Stockhausen's MANTRA! "Some people may get associations to a submerged state, into some kind of fluid; not necessarily water, but into some other kind of fluid, like TIME or what the ancients called the ETHER, or something else that bends the senses like gravity bends light, passing by dense celestial bodies." His name is Ingvar Loco Nordon and he has posted a lovely description of Mantra on his website which you can read here: http://home.swipnet.se/sonoloco2/Rec...hausen/16.html

The reason I'm telling you this is that on Thursday 13th everyone in Cork will have what will almost definitely be your only chance ever to hear this extraordinary piece of music. It will be a feckin' mad experience altogether.

icon_idea.gif
icon_question.gif
I'd like to invite someone from the Thumped forum to come along with a friend as guests of Cork Orchestral Society, who are hosting the gig, and post about their experience here - anybody up for it?

You can read the full details on the PROC event guide or here
the basic details are:
Thu 13 Nov 2008
Mantra For 2 Grand Pianos and Electronics By Stockhausen
Performed by Xenia Pestova (Ru/NZ) and Pascal Meyer (Lux)
Cork School Of Music : Curtis Auditorium
8:00 pm - Admission €25/20 (Conc. €15-€8.00)

Re: Who's this crazy looking dude? He sure likes Mantra! (+2 free tickets for this fo

Hey! :) ....

Re: Who's this crazy looking dude? He sure likes Mantra! (+2 free tickets for this fo

Can ya get a babysitter?

Hey darr have you heard Secret Chiefs 3? Seriously rockin shit I could sort u out with a sample if you like...

Well horse for courses y'know... cool, if you'll post about the gig we have a deal on the tickets (seein as no one else has leapt at the chance!). Wot bout Secret Chiefs 3, you know em or you want some? I guarantee you will be blown away....

just had a listen. sounds good.

so the deal is... I go to the gig, and then I post about it... here? yeah, I guess I could do that! :)

That's the deal biy - and do us a favour and make sure that everyone you know that would be into it knows? This is the first concert of this kind I've got to do with the COS and if we get a decent audience they'll prob let me have more but if not... plus iot really is a once-in-a-lifetime chance and should be amazin - did you read the webpage by the beardy guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back