Whos the master masterer (1 Viewer)

Yer man had a lovely Fender Blues Jnr.
He doubled most of it with either his 6 or 12 string Rickenbacker. Nice gear and good players go a long way.
Oh, and tape. Tape is good.

I was thinking it was a ricky and a fender, also the double tracking is really really soild as well, doesn't stray at all... I love that teenage fanclub/bryds sound, you just don't get enough of it these days...

GrRrrrR said:
Yer man had a lovely Fender Blues Jnr.
He doubled most of it with either his 6 or 12 string Rickenbacker. Nice gear and good players go a long way.
Oh, and tape. Tape is good.

Pantone247 said:
by the by i'm really digging the Crumb album, it's jangleicious. I loved Sewing Room and Stars of Heaven so I was well pleased to hear that the Crumb stuff is in that same great vein.

Anyhow kudos on the guitar sounds, that bright shiney appegio guitar thing can get brittle and thin sounding and tiring really quickly, but on the crumb record it's all there and easy on the ear through out.

Yes Crumb album is deadly. Sounds fantastic all right. Did Grrr record/master it?

Igor said:
General mastering question:

The "mastering CD-R" that you walk away with after, is that fundamentaly different from a common or garden CD-R? and is it necessary to master onto one of these when approaching duplication places?

hey sham tell yr story about bobby boughton and whitney hueston....

Pantone247 said:
tracked it I believe

steve shannon of Halfset mixed it, fergal davis mastered

it's a bloody deadly album

Yeah, got the album on Saturday. Sounds great - makes me wish it was summer already :)
Derek's an amazing guitar player. Gonna have to dig out my Hey Paulette records.

Anthony said:
don't give up the programming Cormac!
Heh - my "mix" is just a faders-up thing, without any treatment. Not possible for anyone to hear an "unmixed" version, the "mixed by me" one is about as close as you can get - I can do better, honest ... no way I could have come anyway close to what Mikko did though

aoboa said:
Yeah, got the album on Saturday. Sounds great - makes me wish it was summer already :)
Derek's an amazing guitar player. Gonna have to dig out my Hey Paulette records.

Speaking of Crumb and jangley guitars... :)
I've been listening to the Ruby Tailights album non stop for the last few days. It's Martin Kelly who was in Sunbear and it's really rather brilliant.
Great songs and nice arrangements by Joe Chester.
AFAIK they're playing at the Crumb launch.

yeah the mp3 there that Mikko mixed sounds great
egg_ said:
Heh - my "mix" is just a faders-up thing, without any treatment. Not possible for anyone to hear an "unmixed" version, the "mixed by me" one is about as close as you can get - I can do better, honest ... no way I could have come anyway close to what Mikko did though

aoboa said:
http://www.twee.net/spa/heypaulette.htm

I'm not sure if the person who posts on here as Crumb is Derek but if it is he should still have some of the Hey Paulette 12"'s.

Hi Alan

I have tons of Hey Paulette records and more in my ma's attic!

We are are giving Hey Paulette records away at the crumb launch on the 20th with MEDEA and Ruby Tailights. Ruby Tailights tracks that I heard are really good and that's not forgetting the girls. We feel we should be playing first.

We are hoping to put up all our recordings and sessions up on to a Hey Paulette webpage when I have a bit of time. Tweenet were going to re-release all of them in 2002 but they hadn't enough money.

Pete and Steve did a really good job and yes tape is good. It's great some people seem to really like the cd which we find surprising. Hope to be starting the next album soon.

btw, Darren Hey Paulette drummer wants to have an underground night with old bands playing, never know may happen if we can persuade Eamonn to sing again! Need Jeff Brennan though. Where is he these days?

Cheers and thanks

Derrick

Serpico said:
Can anyone recommend a good masterer for me?

its a matter of opinion...jsut coz a guy jumps about the place pretending he's got a magic wand means nothing, close your eyes and focus your ears. some of the "engineers" I've seen mentioned on this site are (unofficially of course) blacklisted by the CD pressers coz the final "master" doesn't work, or the tracklist is wrong. best bet is get the engineer to do you a freebie on one or two of the tracks, trend will do this - ask for mary or jerry. they make cds aswell so if anything goes screwy its their fault!!!!and they have to fix it.

ralph waldo
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends

Serpico said:
Can anyone recommend a good masterer for me?

Trend Trend Trend. they'll do a couple of trax free before you commit. no strings. they make CDs so they know excatly what's needed. they use SADIE, latest version, abbey road, Bob Clearmountian, yeah, yeh, yeah - they all use SADIE
Trend willl tell you what worx, what doesn't work. they'll give you test CDs, take them home, listen, if the finished CD they make still is n't right they they do them again. they're not a one-man home operation who cant afford a remake if ther's a problem, but they're not a huge mutlinational who doesn't give a toss. the boss is there every day if you really have a problem. COLGATE RING OF CONFIDENCE - that's what I call 'em, they made a FEW CDs for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back