Who were the first punk band? (1 Viewer)

i think you'll find it was God. or at least whichever of adam or eve it was ate the apple...look what i found while i was trying to find out which of them it was: 'and adam knew eve: a dictionary of sex in the bible' http://www.hobrad.com/and.htm
the dirty bits are the only parts of the bible i've ever read, good stuff

photo5.jpg

they. cant. be. serious.

the longhair was in the chipper on leonards corner the other day - i always chuckle when i see those cats out on the streets

re: punk - why is everyone ignoring the ramones? their music was base enough to be punk...it was a huge influence on the pistols / clash etc..they carried on doing the same thing without any kind of change (like they needed to)...they bridge the gap between the stooges (et al, i guess) -> english stuff.

William Burroughs was the first person to used the term in relation to someone he met who got raped in prison.

Rimbaud said:
So your granny`s into shite punk too?!

Lads it all started with Tragedy.Full Stop....or Minor Threat.

Or The Wipers!

YEAH!!!!! MINOR THREAT!!!!!!

Friday said:
YEAH!!!!! MINOR THREAT!!!!!!

Yeah hooray,they hardly started though.

Indeed Andy,did you ever hear the story of Wayne Kramer flushing newspaer articles down the toilet in prison because the media were calling MC5 first punk band and this might lead to certain complications for him on the inside.

brianoak said:
Yeah hooray,they hardly started though.

Indeed Andy,did you ever hear the story of Wayne Kramer flushing newspaer articles down the toilet in prison because the media were calling MC5 first punk band and this might lead to certain complications for him on the inside.

stuffing paper with evidence on it into your mouth and eating it is way more punk than flushing it down the loo.

La La said:
stuffing paper with evidence on it into your mouth and eating it is way more punk than flushing it down the loo.

At the end of the day it would be flushed down the toilet anyway wouldnt it?

Wayne Kramer just had a grasp on logistics ahead of his time.

brianoak said:
I had this arguement with my flatmate earlier.
Apparently they relesed a single first but werent playing punk rock first.

First uk "punk" single,lp and band to tour america. Damned>Sex Pistols. Although I do like the Sex Pistols.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
did bad brains invent hardcore?

Possibly,but there was a band in Japan in the late 70's called SS who were doing hyper fast punk nad one the west coust of america there was obviously Black Flag and the Germs but in 78 a band called the Middle Class put out an incredible 7" called Out Of Vogue,pretty much a perfect hardcore record. Most people refer to " Out Of Vogue" or Pay to Cum" as the first hardcore records.

Velvet Undergrounds - White Light White Heat was the first punk album i heard.But as someone earlier said..all depends what you define punk.I call alot of stuff punk really.Cept green day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back