Who were the first punk band? (1 Viewer)

oh shit said:
everyone knows that. they were called Offensive Weapon. nothing wrong with expressing yourself through music is there? i suppose you'd have censored him.

I have the 7inch which I will trade with you for all your skrewdriver records.
Fair?

look brian the first punk band ever were the sex pistols, no argumeant!
I mean all those new york bands Mc5 ,the stooges were great bands and they might of even being called punk by the media/fans /record companys and were no doubt and influence on the pistols but they werent punk as what it became known to be. even the sonics yeah they were pretty punky but thats putting what we know know on a band from the sixties , they were just a dirty garage band (a fuckin great dirty garage band). People might argue the damned cause they had the first punk single , even cock sparrer started in 74, but didnt play punk till after the pistols.

heres the punk rock test
go to yer granny or any old auntie or whatever
show them a picture of lets say
the sex pistols or the clash or whoever
and a picture of
the sonics

ask them which are the punks

she'll tell ya

exactly!

Just as if you show your Granny a man with dreadlocks, bad smell poorly concealed by patchouli oil, piercings, tattoos , ratty clothes, interest in folk music , she'll say ...
"state a that ?!, fucking hippy."

rotten tropics said:
some kid off punkforit said:
Even when I go horseriding, I have to take my piercings out. Aggravates me so much. You feel so much lesser than everyone else like.
this is not punx

i thought you made up that quote to take the piss.

full quote off punkforit said:
It's fucking shit. Like, I have to take out my piercings in school. I refuse to take some out but it's just rediculous. Like, we can't have anything other than a "respectable" hair cut and "natural" colours. It really gets to me like. Why can't we express ouselves in a way in which we are comfortable. It's a total sham. Even when I go horseriding, I have to take my piercings out. Aggravates me so much. You feel so much lesser than everyone else like.
i can't figure out if she's taking the piss or not

CITY BABY said:
I mean all those new york bands Mc5 ,the stooges were great bands and they might of even being called punk by the media/fans /record companys and were no doubt and influence on the pistols but they werent punk as what it became known to be. even the sonics yeah they were pretty punky but thats putting what we know know on a band from the sixties , they were just a dirty garage band (a fuckin great dirty garage band). People might argue the damned cause they had the first punk single , even cock sparrer started in 74, but didnt play punk till after the pistols.

heres the punk rock test
and a picture of
the sonics

she'll tell ya

Thats fair enough.
I didnt say anything though just proposed the topic and threw a log on every now and then to keep it going;)

MONDOBRUTALE said:
what about the ramones?

What about Immortal?
If they do exactly what it says on the tin,they would have predated punk..yeah?
Therefore Immortal are the first punk band ever.

thread finished.

Brian 1
You dudes 0

CITY BABY said:

heres the punk rock test
and a picture of
the sonics

she'll tell ya

that's all well and good,except that whatever punk is now has nothing to do with the Sex Pistols. Going by the arguement you put forward.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
that's all well and good,except that whatever punk is now has nothing to do with the Sex Pistols. Going by the arguement you put forward.
no gary, go show yer auntie or grannie a picture of detestation or greenday or whoever answer = not punks
show her the sex pistols /rancid/ the casualties/ the varukers = Punks
tis a 99% flawless test

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back