Who were the first punk band? (1 Viewer)

I saw Greenday play with the Cowboy Killers to a crowd of about 20 people in a small pub back in 1992 (i think), they weren't punk then either!!

Honestly,Richardsons social club in belfast and the Attic in dublin. The second lp wasn't out yet(the two on lookout are great) great gigs.

well, at least he's honest about ti.. love going through the history of hardcore.. found many a great band.. and there's prob many i'll never find out about...

yeah, i'll admit it, they weren't too bad, but were blown out of the water by the Cowboy Killers.

They got a little cheesy towards the end, but the first two lps are ace. Words of warning had some classic but under rated realeases...Terminus, Pleasant Valley Children....

PVC were an amazing band,saw them when they played with Sore Throat in the art college on belfast. I'd love to get the split 10" with Generic they did.
The only Cowboy killers record I have is the split 7" with the Sect,a great record,and I also have the cd Mero did,although it's not nearly so memorable.

Wouldn't part with any of that stuff i'm afraid, but if I ever figure out how to put vinyl onto cd could maybe make a copy for ya. I've been reading the trade thread but don't really want anything up there so far. Have shit loads of old punk/oi/hardcore from Uk and elsewhere, but i'm a bit of a hoarder.

Kinda diverting from the thread, dunno who the first ever punk band were, but I think the attitude came from the pistols and the damned I would say. Woodie Guthrie was the first punk!!!!

what about the saints ? who formed in 1973 and there is a cd of them playing most of the songs from their first lp in a 1974 demo recording. i haven't heard this. their first 7" came out in summer 1976.
the iggy and the stooges song GIMME SOME SKIN always sounds like black flag to me. from 1974.

the electric eels formed in 1973 and broke up in early 1975.
as far as HC goes the middle class are always given the credit for their first 7". i've only heard a few SS songs but they are like the ramones but twice as fast.

byrneos said:
so was that the frist from our island then?

"Ih waas bleedin' Strikneoin fukkin DC yeh middle claaasss wankerzzz. Yez don't know de meanin of
de word punk yez bleedin poser art student wankorzzzz. Dis is reeeall punk. rock. Raaaarrrrrgh. Deeesssstroy!!!
Aaaaaarrrrrghhh, cough, wheeze - where's me bleedin' inhaler?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back